Thread: Would you ever consider...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Would you ever consider...

...trading Bonds after he breaks the HR record?

I know it sounds crazy at first, but I think we can all agree that a) the Giants are not going anywhere this year, b) Bonds is on the decline, and c) although he's on a decline, he's still better than almost anybody out there and would net a good deal of prospects. Bottom line is Barry Bonds isn't in the Giants plans 5 years down the road. Now it opens up another question of who would want him, but would you guys consider trading him?...just interested to hear some thoughts
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Would you ever consider...

Prospects may sound nice, but that's all they are, prospects. Most Giants fans are not going to forget that the Giants traded Barry Bonds for 'bums', should that occur.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No one is going to trade for Barry Bonds especially after he breaks the record. The Giants don't have the balls to pull off a trade and no other team wants the hassle. The Giants outbid themselves for Bonds this offseason because they were to dumb to figure out no one wanted Bonds. They are stuck with him. Kline, Morris, Feliz, Durham and Vizquel will be trade bait possibly.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Unfortunately I don't think the Giants would have the balls to trade Bonds or anyone would have the guts to acquire them...this seems to be a common theme in sports nowadays, nobody wants to make a gutsy move that may put them over the top.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Turn 2

Bonds would definetly help an A.L. team as a DH, but that being said I still think the Giants are NOT going to deal him. Yes, the Giants are not going anywhere this season, but think of all the people who paid big money for seasons tickets to see Bonds play there all seasons. The Giants fans would be in a uproar.

MLB ERA

There is no point of trading Bonds, and its unfair to Bonds if he gets traded anywhere else, because in SF is where his legacy is, he will get embraced here, if he goes anywhere else you will get ignorants fans ****ing booing him and shit, also Bonds is the reason why fans come to watch the Giants, especially this year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants are going to have good attendance no matter what. It is one of the best parks in baseball. The Giants will most likely have a new GM next year and money to spend to put a good product on the field.

They wouldn't be able to get good enough prospects for him. I don't think Bonds has much trade value at alllll.. but still I don't see him playin for the Giants next year, makes more sense for him to go DH

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bonds best not play for the Giants next year. Magowan has got to let this man go. We have to get younger and better defensively. Hunter would be great in CF moving Roberts to left and Winn in RF.