Thread: Lowry does it again:(

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lowry does it again:(

Lowry started his career 7-0. Now he has lost five straight as the sophmore jinx has gottne ahold of him. Solution? Send him back to the minors. He can't find his release point and his changeup isn't moving consistently. He needs to go back down and figure it out. We cannot afford to see him struggle like this any longer. This would be a good time to bring up one of the young guys for a week or so. Schmidt should be back this coming Monday. Jeremy Fikac has done ok in Fresno this year. Matt Cain could see a start to get his feet wet. That would certainly add a spark to this team.

Now to the hitting. Twenty-three men left on base last night for the Giants, fourteen as a team. Six were from our RBI man Alou. Felix had a big opportunity to tie up the game at one point with runners on second and third and one out. What did he do? He swung at the first pitch and popped it up to the SS. Scoring a guy from third with one out is the easiest thing to do. A simple groundball to the right side or a semi-deep fly ball will do the trick. It is ridiculous for that not to happen. Grissom should not be playing. I have said this in earlier post and it showed last night. He went 1-5 last night and the outfield just looked slow as hell. We need Ellison's bat and speed in the outfield if we are gonna win these easy games. Niekro continues to do well going 3-5 last night with 2 RBI. Former Giant Dustan Mohr got his revenge last night as he went 2-3 with 2 RBI. We are now 5 games out and looking like shit. We need to win these games we are supposed to or we are not gonna hang on too long. Also, thank the Braves bullpen AGAIN

Lowry is the biggest dissapoinment on our team other then Bonds. I was expecting big things from him but I can honestly say I'm not surprised at how bad he's done. Like I've said a million times about Zito his lack of a fastball is going to cost him in the long run.