Thread: Tim Lincecum: What do you do with him?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Tim Lincecum: What do you do with him?

Do you keep him in the minors? Does he make the Opening Day roster? If so, as the 5th starter or in the pen? What are your thoughts?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think this kid is really going to be something but just not this year or at least to start the season. I see him starting in AAA to begin the season. If we need a reliever come late in the season, he might be called up. No sense on bringing this guy up so early. Cain took his time and that panned out. I see either Ortiz or Sanchez getting the #5 job.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I agree with you on him staying in Triple A. I just don't want to see him in the bullpen..don't want him to burn his arm out. Ortiz or Sanchez. I would rather have Sanchez based on what Ortiz has done the last few years, but you never know. Also, with Sanchez, that would be three lefties in the rotation, which probably wouldn't be good since most hitters are right handed.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lincecum will start in AAA. Sanchez in the rotation or bullpen is a plus for this team. Ortiz seems to have life with his fastball again so who knows. Also, welcome to the forum!!