Thread: What are our options???

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What are our options???

Let's say Barry Bonds doesn't sign to the new deal and the Giants show some balls, what do we do then? Not too many options out there but there are some.

Aaron Rowand's name was tossed out a couple of weeks ago. He could patrol CF letting Roberts off the hook. We would actually be getting younger and better defensively all the while saving money for next year.

Richie Sexson's name came up during the Winter Meetings. The Mariners have Broussard to play first for a lot cheaper but would be giving up a lot of power. We could send them some of our young pitchers and possibly Feliz to help out (I just want to get rid of Feliz). Sexson could play first, Aurilia at third and Klesko and Linden in left. I doubt they would do this since we ****ed them on the Randy Winn deal.

Jacque Jones wants out of Chicago. His 25 homers and 80 RBI is about what Bonds did last year but Jones would be a better defender in left while having a lot more strikeouts and a lower OBP. We wouldn't have to give up as much for him as we would Sexson.

There is always just letting Linden/Klesko/Ellison tackle left field and saving money for a possible ARod signing next year if he opts out of his contract or Andruw Jones. Lots of OF talent in next year's market so saving Bonds' $16 mil sounds like a good idea.

Other guys who could be on the move include Juan Encarnacion, Scott Podsednik, Kevin Mench and Geoff Jenkins. Jermoy Burnitz and Steve Finley are still free agents.

Like I said, there are options out there but not many.

MLB ERA
    Bonds still hasn't signed?

You don't want to let Klesko tackle left field, trust me on that one.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah I don't want Klesko to do it by himself, but you know Bochy will give him as many opportunities as possible. Linden would be my choice since he play sstellar defense and probably hit more homers than Klesko.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Not that I would want to see it, but what if they inquire about Finle coming back? I doubt it, but what if?

I think Podsednick would be an awesome fit, and Rowand would be decent as well. I am not too familiar with where the Giants are looking other than your opening post, but I think those two would be a good fit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't think Finley liked it in San Fran and he didn't fair too well last season. Pods has speed but not much else on offense.

MLB ERA
    Lets get Willie Mays our of retirement, were pretty much ****ed if we dont get anyone or if Bonds does not sign!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You can also add Rocco Baldelli to that list as he was trade bait this offseason. He's got pop, a strong arm and plays CF moving Roberts to left. He would be my first choice if Bonds doesn't sign.

MLB ERA
    Nice! I have been a fan of Baldelli since his rookie year.