Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commissioner rejects tricky Bonds contract

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I don't think the Giants have the right attitude about this year. Obviously you want to be a contending team, but they continue to get older and older despite having a few young players while they could build for the future instead. I can't see them being contenders in the NL West against the Dodgers and Padres and they don't seem to be getting any younger. Maybe Sabean should take a look at his team and realize he needs to do a bit of a rebuilding job.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    I would prefer Bonds to finish career with Giants and break the alltime HRs record as a Giant, he's the Greatest player of this era.

MLB ERA
    It's gonna be a circus and the Commissioner's Office doesn't want to celebrate Bonds breaking the record.

MLB ERA
    The Commissioner could just **** off for once, because he's biggest hypacrite, he celebrated Ripken's, McGwire's, Sosa's and whoever broke any records, but not Bonds? **** him!

MLB ERA
    What record did Sosa break?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    I don't think the Giants have the right attitude about this year. Obviously you want to be a contending team, but they continue to get older and older despite having a few young players while they could build for the future instead. I can't see them being contenders in the NL West against the Dodgers and Padres and they don't seem to be getting any younger. Maybe Sabean should take a look at his team and realize he needs to do a bit of a rebuilding job.
    We were promised all of that and to defend Sabean, he did try. We went after Soriano and Carlos Lee and lost out to money, that and Lee didn't want to play on the West Coast. We do have some youth in the pitching staff and we have Frandsen.

As for trade possibilites, the Phillies are talking about trading Rowand and Lieber which we could put Rowand in CF and Leiber could be our #5 instead of Ortiz. I say Ortiz because Sanchez would likely be involved in the trade. Another possibility is revisiting the Sexson trade. Sexson could play first, Aurilia to third and Feliz to left along with Klesko. Alex Rios was also on the block a month ago. There are some possibilities if this falls through.

MLB ERA
    What record did Sosa break?
    Single season HR record at that time, the same year McGwire broke it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    We were promised all of that and to defend Sabean, he did try. We went after Soriano and Carlos Lee and lost out to money, that and Lee didn't want to play on the West Coast. We do have some youth in the pitching staff and we have Frandsen.

As for trade possibilites, the Phillies are talking about trading Rowand and Lieber which we could put Rowand in CF and Leiber could be our #5 instead of Ortiz. I say Ortiz because Sanchez would likely be involved in the trade. Another possibility is revisiting the Sexson trade. Sexson could play first, Aurilia to third and Feliz to left along with Klesko. Alex Rios was also on the block a month ago. There are some possibilities if this falls through.
    Rowand would be a great fit for the Giants, he's relatively young and can cover a lot of ground out in CF in that big ballpark. I've always liked him...maybe not as much as you or Leobut I think he'd be a good fit for a lot of teams.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    The Commissioner could just **** off for once, because he's biggest hypacrite, he celebrated Ripken's, McGwire's, Sosa's and whoever broke any records, but not Bonds? **** him!

Take it easy buddy I've never liked Selig.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, Rowand over Sexson, and maybe Rios. Like b-town said he covers allot of ground and he is a incredible athlete IMO. But I do like Sexson's power though, and I dont know shit about Alex Rios, can someone shine me in on what this kid is all about?

MLB ERA
    I know the Blue Jays were crazy over Rios a couple years ago...I've seen him play, he has a good arm and he's a decent hitter but I don't think he's anything to go nuts over.

MLB ERA
    I know the Blue Jays were crazy over Rios a couple years ago...I've seen him play, he has a good arm and he's a decent hitter but I don't think he's anything to go nuts over.
    I think the guy has some serious upside but you've probably watched him a lot more than me.

MLB ERA
    Nah, I always miss the Blue Jays games for some strange reason.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Rios is going to be 26 this month and keeps getting better every year. He kind of tailed off in the second half last year but wound up with a .302 average and 82 RBI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12