Thread: Lowry's struggles continue

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lowry's struggles continue

Lowry pitched well for six innings only allowing one run, but gave up three in the 7th before he was pulled. That is four straight losses for the young lefty who started his career 7-0. Scott Munter had a good Major League debut. Alou, Ellison, and Durham were all 2-4. Tyler Walker looked horrible as he pitched the ninth to try to audition for the closer role. I have been saying Fassero should be our closer ever since Benitez went down but it now looks like Jeff will be in the rotation til Schmidt comes back. Our pitching has to improve greatly. We have no starter announced for tomorrow's game against the Astros who are also struggling. Hennessey was scheduled to pitch tonight for the Grizzlies but don't know if he did or not. Alou eliminated Foppert, Williams, Valdez and Cain as possibilities to start tomorrow.

This pitching staff is in trouble when 42 yr old Fassero is our best pitcher. Tomko and Rueter have done well with no run support. Don't let their win/loss records fool you. Tyler Walker, Brower, and Herges have struggled lately. Walker needs to be sent down to work on his mechanics and bring Corriea up. Corriea now has 7 saves and a 2.87 ERA. Aardsma is starting in Double A to get more innings.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    That is a shame for Lowry. Looks like he tried to get something going for himself today, but he got touched up in what may have been his final inning of the day. I liked what he showed last season, and I remmber pitching well enough against the Reds last season to make me want to believe that he would have a good career. The sophomore jinx may be on. Godd luck to Noah though.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What's up with Lowry lately? He's been horrible and it's sad to see. If only he could pitch half-decently, the Giants would have something going with Cain and him.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Giants give up 20 runs

9 for Lowry

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lowry had elbow troubles three starts ago and hasn't been the same since. I say sit him for the rest of the year since he is only hurting the team. Lowry has been a good second half pitcher since coming into the league.