Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A New Bargaining Chip

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I have no problem with the Giants signing Bonds, but WAY, WAY, WAY too much money. What are the Giants thinking. Sign him fine, but when no one else wants him, sign him for MLC. j/k, but $16 mil or whatever insane amount it ends up to be, just go away Bonds. Hit your HR to get the record and good riddons with you from baseball. I predict that is what he will do, retire right after he hits it.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    Here's the difference...Houston wanted to bring him back and other teams were interested as well. The Yankees outbid the Astros by $2 million. As for Bonds, the Giants are outbidding everybody by $16 million because nobody else wanted him! The Yankees had to give Pettitte that kind of money in order to lock him up. Meanwhile the Giants didn't have to give him that money because you know nobody else was.
    Basically the Yankees paid Pettitte what he wanted, and the Giants paid Bonds 2m less then what he wanted. And your saying nobody else wanted Bonds? He was talking to the Padres, A's and the Cards because those teams were interested in him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sorry Giantsfan but the Cards, A's and Pads said they weren't interested when the Giants signed him. The Giants bid against themselves and had a horrible offseason as they lied about their objectives.

MLB ERA
    LTR I didn't say that the Giants bid against those teams, I was just saying those teams spoke to Bonds agent, so they were interested at one point.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cards were never interested. LaRussa said a couple of innocent comments and the media ran with it. Jocketty immediately said he wasn't interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12