Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Report: Bonds failed amphetamine test

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by websoulsurfer
    He tested positive for Amphetamines. Major League Baseball has verified that. Gene Orza has verified that.

He is now guilty of a felony. Regardless of how many others do it, it is a felony.

Now they have more evidence of his inclination to ingest illegal drugs and it lays more weight on the side of the argument that he took steroids.

Barry is a cheater and the epitome of a non team player. On most teams you would say he is a cancer that needs to be excised.

I truly hope that the Giants sign him for 2007 because that will preclude their having any chance to win the West.
    Look I want Barry to retire and go away but you seem to think that he is something different than many players in the past, many who are in the Hall. Pitchers who threw the spit ball cheated. Players wh took Amphetamines in the 50's. 60's 70's etc cheated. If we threw out all cheaters from the Hall and the game there would be very few players left.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by websoulsurfer
    He tested positive for Amphetamines. Major League Baseball has verified that. Gene Orza has verified that.
    No he failed a amphetamine test but that could be as a result of taking cold medicine of dietary supplements. Same thing happened to a player on the Chicago Bears. He took cold medicine and failed his test because there something in the medicine that was on the banned substance list. Everyone knows Bonds can get things aren't detectable.

Also its not a felony.

And anyone can win the NL West, not exactly a powerhouse.

Yup!Thats a pic of Rickey websoulsurfer's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    No he failed a amphetamine test but that could be as a result of taking cold medicine of dietary supplements. Same thing happened to a player on the Chicago Bears. He took cold medicine and failed his test because there something in the medicine that was on the banned substance list. Everyone knows Bonds can get things aren't detectable.

Also its not a felony.

Amphetamines use or possession without a prescription IS a felony. Class A and can carry a sentence of 2 years to 50 years.

http://www.usdoj.gov/
    http://ncadi.samhsa.gov/

You cannot test postive for Amphetamines with the standards used in the testing MLB has if you are simply taking cold medicine.

Amphetamines are one of the "NIDA 5". The five drugs tested for in the standard NIDA approved drug test.

MLB (and most testing labs today) uses a standard for testing of amphetamines has a cutoff of 1000ng/ml and false positives for
    cold medicines like ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or desoxyephedrine and asthma medication like Marax, Bronkaid, and Primatine only happen with testing with a standard of 500 ng/ml.

A few prescription drugs that are no longer prescribed like the diet products Fen - Phen can cause a false positive.

Check your facts.

I have ALL of my employees tested and I take the tests myself and I have been assured by the testing facilities of the accuracy of the tests.

MLB ERA
    So it must be a felony also for any pitcher who throws a fastball at a batters head? Because that is considered assualt and battery, your throwing a object at a defenseless person. Any pitcher who has hit a batter should be charged for assault?

Cheater? If your going to call Bonds a cheater, then why dont you call every single player from the 70s-05 a cheater? Speed has been used by players since the 70s. What about all the managers and players who steal signs from opposing managers? Is that not cheating? Gaylord Perry used grease from his hair to get an extra spin on his pitches, is that not cheating?

If you accuse Bonds of cheating, dont be a ****ing hypacrite and single him out, there have been cheaters in baseball for a long time, dont just turn your cheek and single out Bonds.

Like it or not, he's still the best player of his Era, and possibly the best player of alltime.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    So it must be a felony also for any pitcher who throws a fastball at a batters head? Because that is considered assualt and battery, your throwing a object at a defenseless person. Any pitcher who has hit a batter should be charged for assault?

Cheater? If your going to call Bonds a cheater, then why dont you call every single player from the 70s-05 a cheater? Speed has been used by players since the 70s. What about all the managers and players who steal signs from opposing managers? Is that not cheating? Gaylord Perry used grease from his hair to get an extra spin on his pitches, is that not cheating?

If you accuse Bonds of cheating, dont be a ****ing hypacrite and single him out, there have been cheaters in baseball for a long time, dont just turn your cheek and single out Bonds.

Like it or not, he's still the best player of his Era, and possibly the best player of alltime.
    I agree but it still does not make him a good human being or team mate. He would help the team if he just retired now, and end this thing.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    totally agree with you too websoulsurfer!!!!! Only cares about himself, doesnt care who he hurts on the way! At least that how it seems.

AAA ERA
    At this point. and I am new to this view, but it seems it is all about Barry. The good of the team he says he loves mean nothing. If it did he would retire now.

AA ERA
    I don't believe Barry was ever a team player, look at all the scuffles and arguements he's had with previous players, and how many of those players ever had trouble with anyone else? None that I can think of. It proves even further that his squabbles with Kent and others, were a result of his selfishness and lack of ability to become close with his teammates.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The only real scuffles were with Jeff Kent and Jason Christiansen and both were with Barry standing up for other people. He's not the greatest teammate but he does look out for others and has one thing on his mind and that's winning. Reporters are the only ones weith the problems, not teammates. Jeff Kent supported him after he left SF. Why would he of all people do that?

I for one didn't want the Giants to resign Bonds as it was time to go in a different direction. NOw we are stuck with him, if we ever get him to sign.

Have had plenty of friend get caught with amphedamines and it is always dropped to a misdemeanor on your first offense just like most everything else. Why would the NFL and MLB use different testing?

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer

I would suggest that it's a pitching powerhouse for sure
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Especially now that Russ Ortiz is back in the division. LOOK OUT BELOW
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Some big names, just not real big results. This year will be better but in no way a powerhouse.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345