It's now officially 2007 and the Giants offseason looks to be about done will probably pick up a couple of veterans along the way. So far I will have to give the Giants efforts a grade of C. The Giants did the opposite of what they said they will do which was get younger. The Giants got older and it isn't looking pretty as we still have no power hitter (Bonds has yet to sign). We resigned some guys we shouldn't have and signed some guys we shouldn't have. One position we did get younger at is our staff ace and that's Barry Zito. Did we overpay? Sure but that's what you have to do to get the best free agent pitcher. Here's what our team/lineup will probably look like in '07.

CF-Dave Roberts
SS-Omar Vizquel
1B-Rich Aurilia
LF-Barry Bonds
2B-Ray Durham
C-Bengie Molina
RF-Randy Winn
3B- Pedro Feliz

Bench-Ryan Klesko, Mark Sweeney, Todd Linden, Kevin Frandsen

SP-Barry Zito
SP-Matt Cain
SP-Matt Morris
SP-Noah Lowry
SP-Jonathan Sanchez/Brad Hennessey

RP-Kevin Correia
RP Steve Kline
RP-Vinnie Chulk
RP-Brian Wilson
RP-Billy Sadler

CP-Armando Benitez

The Good
One of the good things about this team is that even though its an old team, we should have more speed than last year thanks to Roberts. Roberts stole 49 bases last year as Vizquel stole 24. Winn and Duham can still steal the occasional base.

Another good thing I see about this team is its depth off the bench. Klesko and Sweeney give great depth to first and the OF to help spell our old guys. When they are playing first, Aurilia or Frandsen can spell Feliz at third which Bochy has to do this year. Feliz flamed out in the second half by playing too many games and its not like he deserved to play every day either.

The last thing is this team should bring in more money. Hosting the All Star game this year will help a lot but its the chase for Aaron that's on everyone's mind. People will also to see Zito pitch every fifth day as he is already a Bay Area favorite. More money means better success after Bonds leaves.

The Bad
One of the main drawbacks will be the team's defense. All three OFers have no arms and aren't that quick to getting to balls and that hurts especially in the most spacious park. Feliz can play a mean third but he has to get more rest this year. Molina is still adequate behind the plate and we still have one of the best fielding SS's of all-time.

The bullpen will likely be a mess unless our young guys get on track and early. Munter and Taschner struggled early on and never found their way back. It will probably be another onslaught of new faces but expectations are high for guys like Sadler and Wilson. Kline and Correia gives two solid setup men with either Hennessey or Sanchez joining the club. Young guys have to step it up this year. Oh, did I mention Benitez's knees will be a huge issue? We can't rely on him to close all year as he has yet to do it in a Giants uniform. We need to sign a real backup since we missed out on Gagne.

Prediction
The Giants will finish in 3rd place in the division. I can see them finishing second since hardly any team in this division has made significant improvements besides the Dodgers. The Dodgers have added Schmidt, Wolf, Pierre and Gonzo which gives them a better potential rotation but possibly a slower OF than the Giants. Padres haven't done much so I think we can slide in between the two.