Thread: Giants Wait For Loretta and Aurilia

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Wait For Loretta and Aurilia

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Giants are just waiting to see whether the Red Sox offer Mark Loretta arbitration before finalizing an agreement.
    Rich Aurilia also remains set to sign with the Giants, so the club could have third base and second base taken care of, leaving Kevin Frandsen in a utility role initially. They'd still need a first baseman, though they could always re-sign Pedro Feliz and put Aurilia at first.
    The Giants may wait until after the Dec. 1 arbitration deadline to ink Rich Aurilia, who is expected to get a two- or a three-year deal.
    "We have no problem waiting, and I'm not saying it has to be done before then, but there's a danger in that," said agent Barry Axelrod. "It takes one call from a team like the Yankees, Red Sox or Angels to blow any offer out of the water." We wouldn't be so concerned about that, but because the Reds are practically certain to offer Aurilia arbitration, there isn't much sense in waiting. There's hardly any chance Aurilia would accept arbitration to be a part-time player in Cincinnati when he can get a multiyear deal elsewhere.
    So the Giants are close to signing Roberts, Aurilia and Loretta who are all 35. What happened to the youth movement? What's wrong with Adam Kennedy? He is younger and a better defender plus he is left handed. Giants have a to make a huge trade for someone like Wells or Crede or sign the last big name out there which is Zito. So far very disappointing.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Aurilia (a class A FA) is not offered arbitration by the Reds, I'll be in tears from the stupidity of the organization (err, make that more so since I am in tears over the latest moves.) Aurilia was a nice player to have who flourished in GAB and while he's sure to get very overpaid, he should have success with whatever club he's with, just not as much as he saw in 2005 obviously.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Anything is better than Feliz. I have been saying that for three years now

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Rich Aurilia's contract with the Giants is reportedly being held up because the two sides continue to "tweak" some aspects of the deal.
    It was reported earlier that the Giants wanted to wait until the Reds' decision regarding offering Aurilia arbitration, but the San Francisco Chronicle says that's not the only thing holding it back.
    Hurry up already. The Giants are talking to Feliz about a one year deal. Why waste the money? I'd rather have Loretta and Aurilia playing third and second. Giants should be trying hard to sign Shea Hillenbrand an actual first baseman. Aubrey Huff wouldn't be a bad solution either. FILL SOME HOLES GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!