http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/N...t=.jsp&c_id=sf
It starts with a strong outfielder. Perhaps a blossoming Gary Matthews Jr., somebody with power who would bring defensive vitality, although Todd Linden has the promise to do that. Dave Roberts has speed and top-of-the-linup pizzazz.
I don't really like the thoguht of getting Matthews Jr. because he doesn't have all that much pop. He had a career year last season but can he duplicate it? The only thing I like is his defense and that it moves Winn to left with Linden more than likely in right. This team needs power and if we don't get it from the OF, then Ramirez is the only FA option that plays infield.

A new catcher? Sabean called the status of veteran Mike Matheny a "black hole," with the Gold Glover out of action -- possibly for good -- with concussion symptoms. Rookie Eliezer Alfonzo, a 10-year Minor Leaguer, was a startling surprise last season, but he must prove he can handle things on a daily basis and avoid mistakes.
I can't really see Alfonzo having another year like he did. Him backing up a Bengi Molina would be nice if Matheny indeed can't comeback which it looks like he won't. Molina plays good defense and has some pop (19 HRs last season).