The Giants have lost 4 in a row and you can thank the shitty pitching the Giants have gotten. Jason Schmidt had another bad outing Saturday pitching only 3.2 innings and giving up 6 earned. He now has an ERA of 4.71. This is our ace for god's sake. And even after a bad start the Giants had the lead in the ninth and couldn't hold it. Rookie Accardo blew it in the ninth and our bullpen has been overworked early yet again. Sabean needs to make a trade for some help before it is too late. Rumors have been circulating about Danny Baez and Jorge Julio. Even one Oakland Tribune writer suggested a Jason Ellison for Octavio Dotel deal that wouldn't be that bad. If anything I think Fassero should be closing things out. I have said this before but he is doing the best job out there. What has been killing us is the late inning walks. Fassero is throwing nothing but strikes and forcing them to put the ball in play. This is all you can ask from a reliever or closer. We are only 4 games out and one game under .500. Like I said in another post, we have a favorable schedule this month. A trade might get a spark in this club.

In other news, Durham has sore groins and might be forced to go on the DL. Moises Alou is starting to get his stroke and is now hitting .269 after hitting a grand slam Saturday. Vizquel now has 9 stolen bases. Our 2004 leader, Durham, had 10 for the whole year.