Thread: Giants @ Cincy

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants @ Cincy

SF: RHP Brad Hennessey (5-4, 3.70)
    Hennessey earned a promotion from the bullpen to the starting rotation nearly three weeks ago, and hasn't been very sharp since then. Against Atlanta, and much like other starts this season, Hennessey began the game superbly, but had fifth-inning control problems that chased him.

CIN: RHP Aaron Harang (13-10, 3.75)
    Harang threw plenty of strikes in his last outing (73 of 103 pitches), but unfortunately for the Reds, the Dodgers capitalized on some of those strikes. Harang struck out seven, but the right-hander gave up 10 hits and four runs spread out over six innings. The bullpen surrendered three more runs -- all home runs -- securing a loss for Harang.

Player to watch
    Omar Vizquel may get a rest in the first game of the series, but the man is a hot hitter, going 3-for-5 Sunday at Chicago with a pair of triples. He is expected to miss only one game of the three-contest set.

• Tuesday: Giants (RHP Matt Morris, 10-11, 4.57) at Reds (TBA), 4:10 p.m. PT
    • Wednesday: Giants (LHP Noah Lowry, 7-8, 4.00) at Reds (TBA), 9:35 a.m. PT
    Big series right here as we can push the Reds out of our way for the WC.

Whats a girl to do? KatesGiants's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Lets hope Brad has a great game. He is one of my favorite Giants.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Hennessey continues to struggle making Sanchez a better option now. Hennessey gave up four runs in four innings of work. He walked five and only struckout one. Alou, Bonds and Hillenbrand all went deep. Bonds tied it up in the 8th and Hillenbrand got us the lead in the 10th. Stanton then came in to get his 6th save of the year. Stanton is this year's Randy Winn. Bullpen was great today with Wilson, Taschner, Wright, Correia and Stanton throwing scoreless relief. Great win and a team booster.

Whats a girl to do? KatesGiants's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Hennessey continues to struggle making Sanchez a better option now. Hennessey gave up four runs in four innings of work. He walked five and only struckout one. Alou, Bonds and Hillenbrand all went deep. Bonds tied it up in the 8th and Hillenbrand got us the lead in the 10th. Stanton then came in to get his 6th save of the year. Stanton is this year's Randy Winn. Bullpen was great today with Wilson, Taschner, Wright, Correia and Stanton throwing scoreless relief. Great win and a team booster.
    I like your style and your knowledge, but I am not sure about your Avatar.
    Bye the way thank you for standing up for me in the clubhouse. I don't know if I can say at this forum because of those two hateful people. They were really cruel. Anyway thank you.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Arroyo simply shut the Giants offense down as he looked very, very sharp. Morris had a rough start but finished strong allowing only three runs. Sanchez got the start today and looked ****ing great! He struckout 7 in 5 2/3 IP and gave up just one run. Giants are leading 3-1 after seven.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sanchez gets a win in his first MLB start as the Giants win 3-2. Durham hit two homers and Stanton got another save. A great win for the Giants who gave Alou, Bonds and Vizquel rest going into an off day Thursday. The Cards need to send a thank you note to the Ginats for knocking them out of the Central race.