Thread: Giants@D-Backs August 7/9

AA ERA

D'Backs Giants@D-Backs August 7/9

Monday, August 7 Chase Field | 6:40 PM PT

Jason Schmidt, RHP (8-7, 3.11)VS.Enrique Gonzalez, RHP (3-3, 5.40)

Scouting Report:
    Schmidt won his eighth game with a solid four-hit, one-run outing vs. the Nationals last Wednesday. The lone disappointment was the right-hander lasted only six innings. He hasn't gone into the seventh since June 29 against the Rangers at AT&T Park.
    The rookie right-hander struggled a bit in his last start on Thursday in Chicago as he gave up six earned runs on 10 hits over five innings of work. The loss was his first in nearly a month.

Tuesday, August 8 Chase Field | 6:40 PM PT

Jamey Wright, RHP (6-9, 5.04)VS.Juan Cruz, RHP (4-6, 4.64)

Scouting Report:
    Wright skipped his last turn following an off-day last week to stabilize the rotation, then threw a hitless frame against Colorado on Friday. The Giants thought of keeping him in the bullpen to start the road trip, but then decided instead to start him vs. the D-Backs. Wright is 1-5 with a 6.20 ERA over his last 10 games.
    Cruz scattered four hits over five innings in his last start on Thursday, earning his fourth victory of the season. The right-hander gave up a run while walking four and striking out four. It was his first victory since June 1.

Wednesday, August 9 Chase Field | 6:40 PM PT

Matt Morris, RHP (8-9, 4.73)VS.Miguel Batista, RHP (9-5, 4.87)

Scouting Report:
    Morris had a good game going through five innings against Colorado on Friday, but the roof caved in during the sixth as the Rockies struck for four runs, including a three-run homer by Yorvit Torrealba. Morris admits he's been frustrated by a few poor pitches in defeats this season.
    Batista struggled in his last start on Friday against the Astros as he walked seven batters over his 4 2/3 innings pitched. The end result was a no-decision, and he gave up five runs on six hits.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Huge series right here as the Dbacks have been playing a lot better ball than the Giants have.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    POWER SURGE! The Giants hit 6 round trippers to beat the Dbacks 8-4. Schmidt had one of those homers and got his 9th win of the year but he wasn't Schmidt-like. He hit three batters and only struckout two. Feliz hit two bombs as he rose from the dead for another week then will die again. Alou crushed one as did Durham and Hillenbrand. Vizquel went 3-4 raising his average to .314 Good game but they only gained a half game in the West but did gain a game in the WC.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants lose on an awful pitching performance by Jamey Wright. Wright gave up five earned runs in five innings. Felipe Alou says that Hennessey is not an option to take Wright's place in the rotation. He says Brad could only throw 3 or 4 innings. What the **** is Alou talking about? Where has he been the past two years? Brad has been doing just that, both starting and relieving. Alou says Sanchez is a better option but even Sanchez was relieving just three weeks ago. Either way, Wright needs to be out but Hennessey should be starting and Correia take Hennessey's role.

Also, Vizquel went 3-4 raising his average to .319 and Randy Winn hit his 9th homerun of the year.

MLB ERA
    Why is Wright still pitching for this team?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants lose another game and yet another series. Felipe pissed me and so I have to get this off my chest. Tied up at one a piece in the third, Winn gets a leadoff single. Now with the Giants struggling, I would have bunted Vizquel (one of the best) and move Winn into scoring position. Instead, Vizquel gets to swing away and gets a single. No problem right? With men on first and second, Alou makes Finley try and bunt. You never make your number three hitter try and bunt especially when you have a chance for a big inning now. Finley attempts to bunt but pops up to the catcher. What a ****ing wasted opportunity!!! Alou then flies out and Winn doesn't tag up to advance. That too pissed me off. Durham then popped out himself. It's these little things that the Giants aren't doing and that's why they keep losing. I swear to whoever you believe in that if I were manging this team, they would be over .500!