Thread: Dream Team

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dream Team

Could today have been the last days that Bonds, Schmidt and both Alou's wear a Giants uniform? Well hopefully they're not the only ones. Felipe and Moises are both goners. The Giants cannot go through another year with Felipe managing or should I say mismanaging this team. Moises puts up good numbers but cannot stay healthy and he is 40 years old. It might be time for Linden to step up.

Bonds is 43 and will have elbow surgery next week to remove bone chips. He hit .292 after the break and really showed that he had some life left in his bat. With him chasing Aaron, the Giants could sign him to sell the tickets. Problem is Bonds won't sign an incentive based contract. The Giants are better off trying to sign Soriano first and see where it goes from there. A 40/40 guy will sell tickets and a guy you can build around.

Schmidt will demand way too much money for the Giants to try and sign him. Cain with another year under his belt will replace Schmidt is the ace with Tim Linecum possibly replacing Cain as the number three guy. Might have to trade to get a real starter since the market is weak after Zito and Schmidt.

Someone else who should go but probably won't is Pedro Feliz. His 112/33 K/BB ratio makes most managers puke along with his ridiculous .281 OBP. Feliz also struggled defensively this year which is supposed to be his strong point. As long as he keeps hitting 20+ homers and 85+ RBI, they will probably resign him. My solution? Make a trade, maybe Blalock?

Durham has earned a one year deal from the Giants with Frandsen getting the utility role. Durham is not likely to get a multi year deal with his age and history of injuries. Frandsen backing up Durham, Vizquel and most likely Feliz will do him a lot of good for the 2008 season.

Finley and his $8 million contract is gone since he views himself as an everyday player. I doubt anyone else does but hey, weird shit happens.

Hillenbrand should be a keeper as he is a career .300 hitter and Neikro can't be an everyday player. Hillenbrand has taken a liking to San Francisco and found a home in that number 3 hole.

Todd Greene could or could not go depending on Matheny's condition. If Matheny cannot return, sign Rod Barajas and Alfonzo could back up.

My Dream 2007 Team
    1B-Hillenbrand
    2B-Durham
    SS-Vizquel
    3B-Blalock
    LF-Soriano
    CF-Winn
    RF-Linden

SP-Cain
    SP-Morris
    SP-Randy Wolf
    SP-Lowry
    SP-Linecum

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    My new dream team
    1B-Hillenbrand
    2B-Frandsen
    SS-Vizquel
    3B-Blalock
    LF-Soriano
    CF-Winn
    RF-Linden
    C-Molina

SP-Cain
    SP-Morris
    SP-Randy Wolf
    SP-Lowry
    SP-Linecum
    CP-Anyone but Benitez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    With Soriano gone, here's my new team

1B-Hillenbrand, looks like we will get Burrell to play first
    2B-Frandsen
    SS-Vizquel
    3B-Blalock
    LF-Carlos Lee, can't do any worse than Bonds defensively
    CF-Winn
    RF-Linden
    C-Molina

SP-Cain
    SP-Morris
    SP-Randy Wolf
    SP-Lowry
    SP-Linecum/Sanchez, might have to give Linecum a couple ofyears not that I think about it
    CP-Anyone but Benitez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Update: Lee has signed with the Astros and did make it clear that he didn't want to play on the West Coast. There has been some Manny talk but we have no one to protect him and he is no better than Bonds defensively in LF. Drew has signed with the Sox and Wolf has signed with the Dodgers.

1B- Hillenbrand
    2B- Frandsen (looks like we will get Loretta)
    SS- Vizquel
    3B- Blalock (Aurilia looks like who we will sign)
    LF- Guillen (had surgery and can no longer play right/ 1yr deal only)
    CF- Baldelli (Rays might be willing to trade him)
    RF- Winn
    C- Molina

SP-Cain
    SP- Morris
    SP-Lowry
    SP- Maddux
    SP- Ohka (one year deal only)

RP-Corriea
    RP- Hennessey
    RP- Gagne (cheap and worth a shot because of Benitez)
    RP- Sadler
    RP- Weathers (looks like we might get him anyway)
    RP- Misch
    RP- Sanchez

CP- Benitez

I really like Baldelli's play. He's young and signed through 08 for very cheap. Plus he has speed and some pop in his bat. The Giants aren't going to go overbaord this winter which will give them more money after the 07 to try and get some big time players. Vizquel Matheny and Benitez's contracts will be off the books. There is a lot better talent next offseason than there was this one.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

So what is up with Durham. He is NOT in the Giants future plans. The guy had a real good year, IMO, could say that he carried the Giants last season. His reward is the door or what? Inquiring mind here would like to know.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Durham is looking for a longer deal than the Giants are willing to offer. You're right in thinking Durham was the Giants best hitter but he is getting older and has a history of injuries. The Giants had talks with him early this offseason but made it clear he was looking for a multi year deal.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Thanks.. I always knew about his injury problems and how prone he is to them. I was just curious. He will find a home somewhere, cause when healthy he is a good player.

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Durham is just like Gary Matthews Jr. in the fact that they both had career years in their contract years.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i would have to respectfully disagree with that Fmr. When healthy Durham has been a consistent offensive player. He has done several dofferent roles for both the White Sox and the Ginats. He has always had the injury bug though. That is his only knock against. I would say the only reasons he is not getting a longer extension is because of injuries and age. That is just my opinion!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Updated as the Giants have re-signed Durham and Feliz and signed Aurilia, Roberts. At least they signed one of the guys I wanted in Molina. Guillen signed with the M's.

1B- Sexson - some trade talks and actually has power. Frandsen could be trade bait for something with Aurilia as utility man.
    2B- Durham
    SS- Vizquel
    3B- Feliz
    LF-Roberts
    CF- Baldelli- Rays are still looking at trading him and we have young relievers
    RF- Winn
    C- Molina

SP-Zito
    SP- Cain
    SP-Lowry
    SP- Morris
    SP- Ohka-one year only and a career ERA just over 4

RP-Corriea
    RP- Hennessey
    RP- Gagne-cheap and worth a shot because of Benitez
    RP- Sadler
    RP- Darren Oliver-he's old enough
    RP- Misch
    RP- Sanchez

CP- Benitez

The Giants need to make a final offer to Bonds. It looks like it up to $12 million with him now. He also needs to remember he got paid $18 million for 14 games in 2005. Sabean has said that there are still free agents out there and a lot of good looking trades to be had. If we sign Zito, we can afford to trade some of our younger starters like Sanchez.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Updated again as we have signed Barry to a one year deal.

1B- Sexson - some trade talks and actually has power. Frandsen could be trade bait for something with Aurilia as utility man. Someone has to protect Barry.
    2B- Durham
    SS- Vizquel
    3B- Feliz
    LF-Bonds
    CF- Roberts
    RF- Winn
    C- Molina

Bench- Aurilia, Sweeney, Alfonzo, Linden

SP-Zito
    SP- Cain
    SP-Lowry
    SP- Morris