Thread: Benitez out for the year?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Benitez out for the year?

Benitez is out for at least four months. This is crucial! Even though he struggled thus far and his velocity was down, who do we have? Herges? Give me a break. Scott Munter was called up to take his place. Munter and recently called up Al Levine should help. Today's game went very well. Rueter pitched well only giving up one earned over 5.2 innings. Feliz hit his fourth homer and Durham had 2 RBI. But once again we are without a closer.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Let Floppert close for now, for the lack of a better choice.

What about Aardsma? He's the guy of the future, at least give him a shot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Foppert has been having blister troubles but could be fine by now. My choice would be, and this might sound crazy, Jeff Fassero. He has 25 career saves and is doing great so far. He pounds the strike zone and that's what we need. Benitez was all over the place. But as long as we score 10 runs a game, we should be fine

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, Benitez has a similar injury to what Ken Griffey, Jr. suffered in August of last season. His hamstring was completely torn off the bone and had to be screwed into his thigh. He still hasn't COMPLETELY recovered from it. I'd bet on Benitez being out the rest of the season and not completely healthy until sometime in late April or early May next season.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep redsfan28 is right. Griffey was just saying that he has nobody to talk to about this type of injury either. Well now he may. But hopefully Benitez can get back, but considering the way it took Griffey, I doubt he rturns in 4 months.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo
    This couldn't be sweeter. Not only do they give away key components of their team last season in LoDuca and Mota along with Beltre and Finley signing with other teams, but now Jason Werth and Eric Gagme on the D.L.? Just beautiful. I hope the Dodgers enjoy being in the cellar along with Colorado this year, and I hope it makes 'em sick to their stomach as we celebrate another division title.
    Who's your closer now?