Thread: Bonds says he's ready, but sits

AAA ERA

Bonds says he's ready, but sits

By Laurence Miedema

After missing the previous two games because of a sore left side, Barry Bonds deemed himself fit to play before the Giants' game Friday night, but wasn't in the starting lineup as a precautionary measure.

Bonds took batting practice and played catch with the rest of the team and said he would be available to pinch hit. Bonds suggested, however, that he might be better off delaying his return until Saturday's day game because of the cool conditions expected Friday night at AT&T Park.

``I feel fine, but they think it might be better if I wait until tomorrow because it won't be as cold as tonight,'' Bonds said, referring to the Giants training staff. ``I could go out there and play today or I could play tomorrow. We'll do what they think is best.''

Giants trainer Stan Conte said, ``It's really more on how he feels.''

Bonds said he continues to receive ultrasound, heat and ice treatments on the affected area, although he said he never was concerned the injury was severe.

``I know my body a little bit, I just didn't want to do anything to aggravate it,'' Bonds said. ``It feels a lot better.''

The Giants came into Friday's game shorthanded. First baseman Lance Niekro was only available as a pinch hitter after suffering a right groin injury Thursday night and second baseman Ray Durham was a late scratch because of a stiff neck.
    It looks like Bonds will be back Saturday!

AA ERA
    Lance Niekro already nicked up again...........****ing loser!!!!

Lance Niekro nedds a f**king fire. I don't like any part of this guy's game.

I hope Bonds is well and ready to go in Seattle next weekend. The Kid has tickets for Friday night and Saturday...unfortunately I should have got tickets for Sunday instead as it's probable that Bonds won't play Saturday if he plays Friday night. Bummer. ;(

AAA ERA
    Bonds will probably play all three games as the DH in Seattle so Kid you will see him twice. Enjoy!

Oh yeah -- my bad. That's great news. Last time the Giants were in Seattle I went to the games but Barry didn't deliver the long ball. I'm hoping for a different result. The Marnier fans around me in my sction won't be pleased if that happens.

AAA ERA
    Are you going to take an airhorn like your Dad did years ago? I will never forget that!

They won't let you anymore.

Actaully it was the guy behind us (remember) who had the airhorn that was pissing my Dad off.

So, Bear was that another one of those senior moments you just had there? Bwahahaha.

AAA ERA
    You are right, it was the guy behind your Dad, and I just had another one of those moments which I need to keep down!

Funny you brought that up...it's was really funny although he didn't think so at the time.

I believe that was a Dodger game and just to end the story with a happy ending I believe the Gaints won!

AA ERA
    Have fun Kid.

AAA ERA
    Your are right about it not being funny at the time. Now I remember your Dad was about to kill that guy! Giants won but I do not know who they played.

I'm almost sure it was the damn Dodgers as Dad used to love to go to those game. I could be mistaken.

It was always fun to hear the Bear scream ``kill the umpire".