Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates@Giants June 8th/11th

AAA ERA
    Giants loose 3-2 to the Pirates. Morris pitched a good game tonight but the Giants bats were silent most of the night. Lets hope they play better tomorrow afternoon!

GO GIANTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Giants loose 3-2 to the Pirates. Morris pitched a good game tonight but the Giants bats were silent most of the night. Lets hope they play better tomorrow afternoon!

GO GIANTS!!!
    The Giants are like a golfer ... there is always something that isn't working!

AAA ERA
    The something IMO is F. Alou!

I didn't want to mention that. I think you're right, one way or the other our friend and great Giants 'player' is yesterday's news after this season.

AAA ERA

This makes you happy I gather!

AAA ERA
    yes!!

Again we're back to who the Giants may get to replace father time.

I like the Righetti idea but I really don't have a lot of idea.

AAA ERA
    Well it makes no difference if you have ideas or not. The question is do the Giants. I am out of here and off to work!

Work?

That was a good one Bear.

Lowery has to get it done today.

Hopefully the sleeping Gaints bats will awaken in time to avoid losing 2-3 from the lowly Pirates.

AAA ERA
    Work, do I have to define that term to you Kid since it has been such a long time since you have done any? The poor Bear has to work all the time to keep food on the table and pay the bills for his Den!

AA ERA
    Hey i might be going to the game tonight, it all depends if one of my friends come through the tickets though.

AA ERA
    Lowry looking to go long vs. Bucs
    Pittsburgh (23-39) at San Francisco (32-29), 1:05 p.m. PT

Giants left-hander Noah Lowry will hopefully be fully rested this time out when he opposes the Pirates at AT&T Park on Saturday.
    Lowry ran out of gas after five innings in his last outing vs. Florida on Monday, allowing only one run and five hits. It was a solid performance considering he warmed up twice the night before in New York during a 12-inning affair.

He has worked at least six innings in five of his last six starts since returning off the disabled list due to an oblique (side muscle) strain. Lowry is 0-1 with a 6.35 ERA against the Bucs over two outings.

While holding Pittsburgh to a .233 average, he has given up three homers in those games.

The Giants won't be at full strength, with Barry Bonds (side), Ray Durham (stiff neck) and Lance Niekro (groin) not expected to play.

"All three are questionable," said manager Felipe Alou.

Pitching matchup
    SF: LHP Noah Lowry (2-3, 3.76 ERA)
    Lowry is the fourth-winningest southpaw in the National League since 2004 with a 21-16 record (.568) and sports a solid 3.70 ERA in his starts.

PIT: RHP Ian Snell (6-3, 5.26 ERA)
    Snell is pitching with confidence, posting a 2.19 ERA over his last two starts. He had all four pitches working Monday in Colorado, setting a career high with 10 strikeouts, mixing in his offspeed stuff with excellent command of his fastball to keep the Rockies off balance.

Player to watch
    Moises Alou went 2-for-3 with a walk Friday and extended his hitting streak to six games, raising his average to .375.

AAA ERA
    666...It is a day game. If you go tonight all you will see is seagulls!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast