Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates@Giants June 8th/11th

AAA ERA
    Giants win 5-4 in a really bad game. Cain sucked and walked player after player and look like he is headed for Fresno. They had luck on their side and that was the difference. Ugly is about all one could say!

We tried hard to give that one away. Sheese.

Yes it was an ugly win but still looks good in the "W" column.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    We tried hard to give that one away. Sheese.

Yes it was an ugly win but still looks good in the "W" column.
    Yep and that's all that matters.

AA ERA
    Morris treasures outings vs. Pirates
    Pittsburgh (22-39) at San Francisco (32-28), 7:15 p.m. PT

Matt Morris makes his 250th career outing Friday at AT&T Park, and he'd love for it to be a winner, as the right-hander is winless in his last three games.
    History is on his side. Morris has been a Bucs nemesis over his career, sporting a 10-2 record and 2.25 ERA over his last 13 games against the Pirates.

Morris is 1-5 with a no-decision in his last seven starts, but that mark is a tad deceptive. He's gone six innings the past three games and allowed a quality-start six earned runs the last two.

Five of eight San Francisco losses in his starts have been by three runs or less, including a pair of extra-inning defeats. Morris trailed by two runs when taken out after pitching the sixth vs. the New York Mets last Sunday, yet the Giants won, 7-6, in 12 frames.

"When you only score one, it looks worse than it should," said Morris. "I gave them a chance and we were able to battle back."

Pitching matchup
    SF: RHP Matt Morris (3-6, 5.32 ERA)
    The Giants have lost eight of Morris' last 10 starts after the veteran won his first two games. He'll be making his 17th career start vs. Pittsburgh.

PIT: RHP Victor Santos (3-6, 4.70 ERA)
    Santos had his two-game winning streak snapped Sunday against the Padres. The right-hander allowed just one run in five innings despite surrendering seven hits and two walks. He was lifted after throwing 108 pitches. Santos has gone 1-2 with a 3.80 ERA in seven career appearances against the Giants.

Player to watch
    The Pirates' Sean Casey is batting .447 lifetime at AT&T Park and belted four hits Thursday night, including an RBI double.

It would be nice to see Morris step up and have an outstanding start. He's due.

The Giants need a lift after Cains stinker last night.

AA ERA
    If Morris can get on a roll, that would be huge for our team....He's just got to get building off his last 2 starts 6 IP and 3 ER's.

AAA ERA
    Right now I would say Morris is about 4 in the Rotation and Cain may be on his way to Fresno. I was not kidding when I said that last night. He looked really BAD. Brad Hennessey should get his next start! JMO

Cain is really starting to frustrate me. He looked pretty good at the start of the season then went into that funk. Then he comes back with two great starts (one a 1-hitter) and then last night's debacle. I guess that is the price you pay with young pitchers.

I have been very impressed with Hennessey this year. Everytime he has been handed the ball he's produced. Got go with the hot hand from where I sit.

AAA ERA
    I like Cain but he needs some time to work things out! Hennessey has done it the old fashion way, he has earned it.

I like Cain too. And when yo see this kid throw the kind of stuff he did in that one hitter you think "WOW"...

But there have been a lot of youngsters who came up with a lot of promise that never really made it in the Big Leagues. I hope Cain can do it. He looks like he has game but he must prove it consistently.

AA ERA
    Like all young pitchers they're throwers and not pitchers, once Cain figures out that he doesn't need to strike everyone out and it will happen it just takes time......And the only way for him to figure that out is pitching to MLB hitters.

AAA ERA
    Look Cain will be a major league pitcher. He need to pitch on a regular turn and that may be in Fresno. He needs to know like Willie Mac that just because you come up and people think you are the second coming that you still have to produce to stay. Two weeks in Fresno may be the ticket! JMO

Shit, missing two starts almost did the trick. And who's to say last night wasn't just an aberration? Hopefully Cain will come on strong in his next start. It's just a little frustrating is all. In fact this whole team is a little frustrating.

I too feel the best thing for Cain right now is to continue to pitch in the majors against major league hitting. Hell, what have we got to lose? It's not like we're some sort of threat to be in the WS.

AAA ERA
    Going to Fresno would be a reality check! The idea some players get that they have arrived on a one way ticket. JMO

It wouldn't hurt to give that a shot but I think it could be counter productive too. Cain needs to be talked to and then shown that the Giants have confidence in him. But Alou? He's not someone I would perceive to be a guy who communicates well with players on that level. So...what to do? Here's an idea: take two and hit to right!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast