Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marlins@Giants June 5th/8th

AAA ERA
    No this is not an Internet Rumor. This is some people at the Park who in the past because of their connections with the Club have been right on in the past. Remember, this may not happen but you can be sure they have talked about it meaning the clubs and this is not a crackpot rumor!
    Trust Me!

AAA ERA
    With Barry's contract gone they can pay both!

AA ERA
    Billy Beane wants nothing to do with Bond's though.......the A's don't want to put up with his crap no ****ing way.

AAA ERA
    Beane loves Barry and he would be the Best DH in the AL. This combined with the increase in fans in the Park would work for the A's.

AA ERA
    Well you have your opinion Bear.........but your dreaming if you think the Giants are going to trade Bonds.

AAA ERA
    Look, I am just telling you what is going on. You think what you want I really don't care but to think trading Bonds is not a possibility is living with your head in the sand. My God, Willie Mays was traded by SF and he was a God in SF. When the fans think Barry is done you can be sure that ownership will ship his ass out. Count on it. Do I like this no, but I believe it will happen. For now I am through with this talk because it makes no sense to debate something when some will not look at the whole picture. JMO

Oh I think trading Bonds would be a real possibility for the Gaints. Bonds would be much better off in the American League next season (if he plays at all). The question is, who would trade for him? It would have to be some team that thinks Bonds in their lineup as the DH would put them over the top. If the Giants can unload Bonds without looking like fools I think they'd do it. As Bear points out moving Barry would free up a lot of cash and the Giants could wheel and deal.

AAA ERA
    And if this deal goes through they would have Zito!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    And if this deal goes through they would have Zito!
    Duh.

AA ERA
    But you know what the A's wouldn't want Morris's contract........**** they just paid the same amount of money to Loaiza. I'm sure they'd rather use that money on Harden JMO.

AAA ERA
    They would trade Morris at the end of the season! JMO

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Can't put much merit in this rumor because it would be a steal for the Giants. A's would be getting two guys who haven't been performing well and get paid out the ass. For Zito they would want guys they could keep for a long haul. The only way they trade Zito is if they are out of it. If you are out of it, why trade for a guy who is going to retire? The A's have a DH already who is doing better than Bonds. No one is seriously going to try and get Bonds with his shitty production.

I agree that it would be a steal for the Giants. I think theA's could get a better deal from somebody for Zito. Yankees anybody?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345