Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Marlins@Giants June 5th/8th

AAA ERA
    I agree with Reefer...
    As long as we have an OF of Finley, Alou and Winn this weekend I 'm a happy guy. Its actually a better OF than when Bonds is in there!
    And Kid...Bonds bat has exploded and thats why he can't hit the long ball on a regular basis. All he has left to hit with is a toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    I agree with Reefer...

And Kid...Bonds bat has exploded and thats why he can't hit the long ball on a regular basis. All he has left to hit with is a toothpick.

AAA ERA
    Talk at the Park tonight is a trade between the Giants and the A's. Get this Bonds & Morris going to Oakland for Zito if the Giants can get a new contract for Zito. It would go down within days if it is to happen. This would be interesting if it happens. I do not know what to say!

Talk at the Park tonight is a trade between the Giants and the A's. Get this Bonds & Morris going to Oakland for Zito if the Giants can get a new contract for Zito. It would go down within days if it is to happen. This would be interesting if it happens. I do not know what to say!
    Why would the A's do that? It's basically Morris for Zito and throw in Bonds who has MAYBE one year left as a DH. As much as Barry has helped us this year and as inconsistent as Morris has been I'd do that trade in a heart beat! I'm really starting to think Barry may be a determent to the team at this point and I can safely say that is the first time I have thoughgt that.

AA ERA
    That's a false rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants666
    That's a false rumor.
    Yeah I would think so. Seems to me that would be a steal for the Giants.

AA ERA
    Yep, it's getting to that time of month where the rumors are going to run rapid.

Wait until the trading dealine gets closer...then the rumors will fly left and right on a daily basis. Teams that have no shot will be wanting to dump salary and teams in the hunt will want to acquire that one last piece of the puzszle to get them over the top. That time of the season is always kind of interesting.

AA ERA
    Yep..........and the Yankees want to trade for everybody

Yep..........and the Yankees want to trade for everybody
    I was gonna mentin that. The Yankees are the one team that seems to screw up the whole system. Money talks I suppose.

AAA ERA
    Money always talks Kid. On the rumor here are my thoughts. One, Oakland is almost certain to loose Zito unless the new owners find some cash so rather than loose him why not get something back. Two, Bonds would put butts in the seats in Oakland but not in many other cities. Three, both players would be able to stay in the bay area. Four, Morris could be the fifth starter in Oakland until the next great rookie arrives at half the cost of Zito. It may be a false rumor but unless you can prove that it is I will give it merit. This does not mean it will happen but it might! JMO

AA ERA
    It may be a false rumor but unless you can prove that it is I will give it merit. This does not mean it will happen but it might! JMO
    Then you prove that it does have merit............source of this rumor.

Money always talks Kid. On the rumor here are my thoughts. One, Oakland is almost certain to loose Zito unless the new owners find some cash so rather than loose him why not get something back. Two, Bonds would put butts in the seats in Oakland but not in many other cities. Three, both players would be able to stay in the bay area. Four, Morris could be the fifth starter in Oakland until the next great rookie arrives at half the cost of Zito. It may be a false rumor but unless you can prove that it is I will give it merit. This does not mean it will happen but it might! JMO
    Excellent points.

From Oakland's standpoint, if they know they are not going to be able to retain Zito then getting something is better than nothing I guess. But for now I'll just take this as an Internet Rumor -- nothing more.

AA ERA
    From our standpoint...................Zito's in a contract year, Schmidt's in a contract year................Who would you rather pay the money Zito or Schmidt? B/C can't be both.

From our standpoint...................Zito's in a contract year, Schmidt's in a contract year................Who would you rather pay the money Zito or Schmidt? B/C can't be both.
    Another good point.

So are we just screwed?

Maybe we can borrow some moneyt from George and really make a run at this thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast