Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins@Giants June 5th/8th

AAA ERA
    A great game and a well pitched game by Schmidt 7 hits 16 stikeouts (a giant all time record) but the one bad point is the pitch count for Schmidt. If they keep pitching him like this I have little faith he will be there at the end of the season when we need him. This is my opinion and it will not change but remember Nen and the over work that cost him his career.

Great Win, Go Giants, but lets hope it did not take a toll on Schmidt!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Schmidt was straight up filthy and has 16 K's to just 1 walk to show for it. He is having a great stretch. I am sure if the Giants scored more runs tonight Jason would have been out of there but he was in a zone and got a win. Josh Johnson pitched a good game too. Alou comes back and gets the go ahead hit! Hopefully next time Schmidt pitches the Giants will have a blow out and he will get some time to sit but Schmidt is a warrior and always has been. Schmidt is now 8-0 against the Marlins!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    A great game and a well pitched game by Schmidt 7 hits 16 stikeouts (a giant all time record) but the one bad point is the pitch count for Schmidt. If they keep pitching him like this I have little faith he will be there at the end of the season when we need him. This is my opinion and it will not change but remember Nen and the over work that cost him his career.

Great Win, Go Giants, but lets hope it did not take a toll on Schmidt!
    I totally agree. As much as I enjoy to see the stat line, that's just way too many pitches. That 9th inning was extremely fun to see considering how he just fought back with his stuff and sat them down, but an obvious addition to his pitch count and one he can't afford to be adding to. Hopefully Alou will give him a few 90 pitch count or so starts to ease up on the arm.

MLB ERA
    what a pitching performance by schmidt!

classic! ties a 104 year old Giants strikeout record!!!!

Great win, of course...16 K's is amazing.

But like everybody else, there is no reason to leave a starting pitcher in there with that kind of pitch count. For Christ's sake people it's the first week in June. This is why Alou isn't a good manager IMO. We're goona need Schmidt in one piece if the Giants are still in this thing deep into the dog days...there simply is no excuse for staying with your starter that long.

AAA ERA
    This is one of many reasons why Alou will be history soon after this season win or loose! JMO

I hope Giants' mangement gets it!!!!!

AAA ERA
    Win or loose I expect BIG changes at the end of this season, and I think it will all begin with F. Alou and Barry! But only time will tell! JMO

Oh I agree. Change is in the wind. Somehow I don't see the Bonds/Giants marriage continuing although in reality that would be shame. Sooner or later the Giants have to go down a different path than they have been trying to build a team around Bonds. Clearly that is OVER.

AAA ERA
    And when you take that to the next step it will mean alot of older players brought in to support Bonds will be on their way out to. I hope Omar stays because he is still at the top of his game and brings so much to the clubhouse. But there are many players who will hit the Exit along with Barry. Now, if Barry is willing to take a huge pay cut and maybe be willing to try 1B then I see him returning. I do not think that will happen! JMO

AA ERA
    stick To The Thread Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AA ERA
    Giants go for sweep of Marlins
    Florida (20-36) at San Francisco (31-27), 12:35 p.m. PT

Steve Finley is scheduled to take Barry Bonds' place in the lineup when the Giants go for a sweep of the Marlins on Wednesday.
    The left-handed Finley, who has hit southpaws better than he has right-handers this season, is one home run shy of becoming the fifth player in Major League history to hit 300 home runs and steal 300 bases. He has 316 career steals, and home run No. 299 came against Josh Johnson in Florida a week ago.

Finley also leads the Majors with eight triples. He's the first player at the age of 40 or older to hit that many triples in a year since Sam Rice did it with the Washington Senators in 1931 at age 41.

Giants left-hander Noah Lowry said reaching a milestone can help bring a team together. He certainly felt that way after watching Jason Schmidt matched a franchise record by striking out 16 batters on Tuesday night.

"If that doesn't get you fired up nothing will," Lowry said.

Moises Alou also proclaimed himself healthy after playing for the first time in nearly a month.

"I'm very satisfied and pleased with the way I felt after not being at the plate for a month," Alou said. "My bat speed was there and so was my hand-eye coordination."

Pitching matchup
    FLA: LHP Dontrelle Willis (2-6, 4.72 ERA)
    Willis had his fourth consecutive strong start in his Coors Field debut Friday night, limiting the Rockies to two runs on seven hits. Both runs came on solo homers. The win was Willis' first in over five weeks, but the results had not reflected his performance of late. In his previous three starts, he had pitched nine, eight, and six innings, respectively, allowing two earned runs each outing without securing a win.

SF: RHP Jamey Wright (5-4, 4.20 ERA)
    Wright volunteered to pitch on three days' rest to keep the rotation intact, but he's also been pitching well. In his last outing vs. the Mets on Saturday, he allowed only five hits and two runs over eight innings. He took a no-decision, but continued a good streak in which he's gone 3-1.

Player to watch
    Alou returns in time to face one of his favorite pitchers. The outfielder is 5-for-8 with a pair of doubles and two walks against Willis.

AAA ERA

AA ERA
    Giants stifled by Willis, Fish
    Wright hit hard on three days' rest; lineup throttled in loss

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants right-hander Jamey Wright volunteered to pitch Wednesday on three days' rest, but the move backfired as the Florida Marlins pounced on him for five runs over 4 1/3 innings in a 8-1 victory over San Francisco at AT&T Park.
    The Marlins' Dan Uggla hammered a three-run homer in the fifth and a two-run shot in the ninth, while Joe Borchard had a two-run shot in the fourth.

Wright's record fell to 5-5, while winning pitcher Dontrelle Willis (3-6) gave up only five hits, including an RBI double to Moises Alou in the first inning.

The defeat ended the Giants' three-game win streak.

Wright pitched in the second game of a doubleheader last Saturday in New York, but asked to pitch Wednesday to keep the rotation in order.

AAA ERA
    You can't win the all!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast