Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants / Marlins

Giants / Marlins

Durham homers but Giants behind 3-1 in the eighth.

Up and down, up and down...it's like attending Catholic church services with our Giants.

AAA ERA
    Yeah but your on your knees more with the Giants!

That's what I'm sayin'. Pathetic. Just when you think it's safe to come out of the water, the Giants implode. Crap. Crap. Crap.

AAA ERA
    Giants Loose 5-1!! It soon may be time for a team Overhaul!!! They looked like an old team today and it may time to start to look younger. That said the only old players on the team who would be safe if I called the shots would be Mike Matheny, Omar Vizquel, Randy Winn. After that I would see what people would give me for Ray Durham, Pedro Feliz, Jose Vizcaino, Moise Alou, Steve Finley, Lance Niekro, Steve Kline, Matt Morris, Tim Worrell, and the big chip Barry Bonds! All serious offers would be considered. All the Giants have to do is play like they did tonight five more times in the next month (JUNE) and the Big Moving Van can pull up to AT&T Park and take them away! Reefer maybe with these players to offer you could get Miguel Cabrera. I mean it, I would listen to all offers!!!

Like I have been saying, this team is so up and down it's pathetic. Don't see how they can even be a .500 team considering how long the season is and the age on this ball club. It's really discouraging.

AAA ERA
    Bring on the Kids! They can't do any worse then the team on the field today & yesterday. It looks to me like the Giants who were on the field the last two days are in the tank. WE NEED CHANGE NOW!!!

I can't wait for somebody to say it's "still early"...no it's not.

AAA ERA
    Early? It was late in April and we just did not see it through the rose color glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Early? It was late in April and we just did not see it through the rose color glasses!
    Exactly.

It's like that with most fan bases in almost every sport. The offseason is rather long. Teams make moves (or don't) but the fans talk themselves into being contenders.

Then the season starts and maybe the team gets off to a decent beginning (see 2006 Giants) and it's all the way to the WS. Then June comes and reality sets in (surely all Gaints fans have heard of the 'June Swoon").

Yep, the rose colored glasses have been put away for another day.

AAA ERA
    Another 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Another 5 years!
    I'll look forward to the suffering.

AAA ERA
    Its already been two years of suffering with another five to come at least!
    We all tied our coat tails to Barry and he alone could not take us there. That is the major problem. You can not count on one player to do it all because when something happens to that one player your are screwed!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    WTF is going on!?! I leave for a weekend and we lose one ****ing game to the Marlins and now we need to have a team overhaul? Get the **** out!!! We just took 2 of 3 from the Rockies, where was the talk then? Yes we need to make a couple of moves but nothing drastic! We are only 3.5 out and nopw we need to give up and change everything? Settle down guys!! We can't do any worse? Are you ****ing kidding me? Of course we can!!! You guys are overreacting and saying we are going to suffer for 5 years is ridiculous!!!

Oh there you are. Was wondering WTF happened to you.

You're right all is not lost but frankly when you look at all that is making up this team...arrrgh...I think we have bigger problems than we want to admit. JMO.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    We have problems like every team! Giving up and letting the kids play is not an option!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast