Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Giants / Marlins

Don't send me emails...send REP!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Can't just give out REPs. They have to be earned. Kind of like high-fives. I am sure you got some coming in your future!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Can't just give out REPs. They have to be earned.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    OK then. Let's all bury the hatchet and get on with the season.

Well we won. That's a positive. I'm happy about that. But I still have major concerns about the ability of this team to be more than a .500 ball club over the long haul. Hell we could even win the West with a little luck.
    Ok its cool to think that. What's not cool is not giving a reason why. That's all I have been asking for and have not gotten. Our pitchers were great in May and we just beat the Marlins best pitcher. After all this talk, the Giants are still 5-5 in that all important last 10 games. We are staying in this race for a while. This team is capable of going on a tear like the Padres and Dodgers have done if the pitching stays this way.

As far as last season in the West, I don;t think any team had any luck handed to them.

Frankly I don't think we're capable of going on a tear. Our hitting and pitching is just too inconsistent. Sure we might win 3 or 4 in a row but to think we can win 10-12 straight isn't real IMO. I don't think our pitching did great in May. Sure Alou stuck with the starters more than he should and there is where the innings pitched came into play. The starters got bombed way too much IMO. Cain has come back strong but before that he was, in a word, "terrible" for the most part. Our staff ERA 4.50+ is about 12th in the NL. Anyway you slice it that isn't good and I don't care how it got there it's not good. We're .500 and in the cellar. That's not good. I think figuing we're only 4.5 out is kinda of a false sense of security. We have four teams in front of us and they're playng every day too.

Anyway, I'm just not as optismitic as I was in February and March!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants pitchers are leading the Major Leagues in innings pitched and ERA since May 9th. That's a damn good month or at least 2/3 of a month. Sure we had some games where we got thrashed but the overall says different. We are 3.5 back now and its not false hope IMO, but simply the way it is. We aren't consistent but neither is any other team in this division. We aren't losing ground and are actually only looking up at three teams. I can see where you are upset but no reason to say **** it and start over. Do I want to see this team do better? Of course. Can they stay afloat til Alou comes back? Come July and everyone start talking rebuilding, but til then anything can happen.

Here's some food for thought. We gave up more than a run less in May than we did in April. Sounds like progress in that dept. We had the fourth best ERA of the month. Sadly, AZ, LA, SD and COL were all in the top 6. We were second in WHIP!!

Rep points for being rational and explaining what you feel!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456