Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants / Marlins

AAA ERA
    Reefer... have you seen Bonds play the field lately? No joke it is sad and he is not going to get any better. What you see is as good as it gets. Now that said along with the fact that the Giants built the team around Bonds with older support players and what do you have? Please do not insult yourself by saying that this team looks good or fair, they look like shit. I maybe wrong but I do not think so. I hope you are right and I am wrong, but if they stand pat I see them at below .450 by season end!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    We all knew about Bonds' defense coming into this season so there is no shock there. What we didn't expect is the offensive numbers but Bonds has looked better lately. Finley is doing great and playing great defense. He leads MLB in triples. Vizquel is still hitting and playing defense and Durham is starting to pick things up. He was sick yesterday and Sunday but other than that has been plying well. Alou is on the DL and is the vital part of this team. With him a lineup is set and gives more options for other things to happen. I am not the one saying this team looks like shit, you guys are. If we keep getting help from our young guys and the bullpen keeps improving, we have will have a much better than .450. And when have the Giants ever stood pat?

AAA ERA
    Reefer.. I respect your views and I wish you would give me the same respect. You and I see two different teams and only time will judge who is right. I hope that you are correct but I do not believe it!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You can see this team any way you want but when you come in here after one loss and start chanting rebuild, it makes you look silly.

AAA ERA
    Look this is the last I will say this. I am reacting to the last 10 games. Not the las game. You see one loss and I see .500 when I feel that if this is a good enough team to compete must be better. They did not play better and their record proves it. Now in future if you want to argue the facts with me fine, but if you want me to respect you, you had better do the same!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    We played the Cards and lost 2 of 3. Cards are the best team in the NL and can't get upset about that but we won the series against Astros, A's and Rockies all of which are better or about the same. Your ranting came after this loss against the Marlins!

AAA ERA
    My ranting as you choose to call it came after a 5-5 record over the last ten games. What part of 5-5 do you not understand?

Hey I've said all along that this team is no better than a .500 ball club. The way I see things going right now, .500 might be the high point.

We'll see but we have a lot of age on this team and I wonder how long until they wear down. Even with the older players doing well we're still in the basement and trying to keep our heads above .500. Traditionally the Giants have gone in the tank in June even with some big division leads. This is looking like another one of those years. I hope not but that is what I see. An inconsistent pitching staff and equally inconsistent batting order. Alou being out isn't helping.

Biut I think Bear's point is well taken. The Giants have built this team around Barry Bonds. He's not able to carry the whole load and without him hitting and intimidating opposing pitching staffs we'll struggle to stay alfoat. Hey, that's just how I see it.

AAA ERA
    Well said!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This team has been built around Barry forever and a day ago. This is nothing new! I just don't see where this is all coming from. You say 5-5 like its over! You guys are not explaining why this is looking like such a bad year especially when everyone in this division is playing the same way! I don't know where you are getting this "Giants traditionally tank in June" stuff either. We were absolute shit last year and were still in the hunt until the last weeks of September. You guys can come down on this team all you want but leave out the "rebuilding" crap cause it isn't necessary because we have won 3 of the 4 past series and that's what it takes to win over the long haul of a season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants are tied at 1-1 in the third. Vizquel tripled and drove in Neikro.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cabrera hits a three run shot and its now 4-1 in the 3rd. Lowry is throwing strikes and not getting hit hard for the most part, just the homerun.

Just the HR?

That's how 'ya lose ball games giving up 3 run shots! Just sayin'.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Simply stating that Lowry looks good despite the one mistake!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sweeney getting the start over Ellison pisses me off!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast