Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockies@Giants 5/26-5/28

AA ERA

Giants Rockies@Giants 5/26-5/28

Friday 5/26 Jeff Francis, LHP (3-3, 3.07) VS.Jason Schmidt, RHP (3-2, 3.07)

Scouting Report:
    The stakes were high on Saturday when Francis faced his favorite team from his childhood in British Columbia, and he was more than up to the task. Francis was perfect through four innings, and didn't allow a hit until the leadoff batter in the sixth inning. Including that at-bat, Francis allowed six of the last seven hitters he faced to reach base, but was touched for only one run thanks to two putouts at home plate.
    Although Schmidt didn't get a decision in his last start -- a 4-2 victory over Oakland -- the veteran allowed only one run over eight innings before giving up another tally in the ninth. It was his fourth consecutive great start after losing his first two verdicts. Schmidt isn't striking out hitters in wholesale quantities, but his accuracy and command are back to 2004 standards.

Saturday 5/27(I'm going to this game ) Josh Fogg, RHP (3-2, 4.35)VS.Matt Cain, RHP (2-5, 5.47)

Scouting Report:
    Fogg pitched well in his last outing and appeared to cement himself in the No. 5 spot in the rotation for now. Against the Blue Jays, he allowed three runs in 5 2/3 innings, giving up seven hits and striking out five while earning the win. In his four games at SBC Park against the Giants, he is 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA.
    The 21-year-old Cain fashioned his best performance last Sunday, blanking the A's, 6-0, on a one-hitter. This followed a horrendous stretch in which his command and location went AWOL and he seemed too amped on the mound. Cain skipped a start, then pitched two innings of relief as a tuneup. Relaxing and focusing more on the task at hand -- and throwing down in the zone -- maybe have turned around the kid's season.

Sunday 5/28 Byung-Hyun Kim, RHP (2-2, 4.02)VS. Jamey Wright, RHP (5-3, 3.84)

Scouting Report:
    Kim only allowed three runs (one earned) in his last start but took the loss because of a lack of run support. The right-hander pitched well against the Giants last season, posting a 2.59 ERA in seven appearances, including three starts. He was even better at AT&T Park in 2005, with a 1.69 ERA in his two starts there, holding opponents to a .185 batting average.
    Wright picked up his third straight victory with a strong eight-inning, six-hit, 9-2 victory over St. Louis last week at AT&T Park, getting the Cardinals out on 15 ground balls. His sinker has become one of the best in the game, according to catcher Mike Matheny.

AAA ERA
    This series will tell the Giants a great deal. How will they stand up to the Rockies. Can they handle their pitching and hitting. All questions that need answers.GO GIANTS BEAT THE ROCKIES!!!

AA ERA
    Jeff Francis.......career at AT@T PARK..........0-3 in three career starts...........and has allowed 18 earned runs in 14 and third innings......which is a 10.57 ERA.

AAA ERA
    Yeah, but the best game to go to of the three is the game you will see on Saturday! Enjoy!!!

You can be sure Bonds will hit 715 in that toy box.

AAA ERA
    Kid... Your mind is going. They are at home!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Yeah, but the best game to go to of the three is the game you will see on Saturday! Enjoy!!!
    Yep I sure hope Bonds doesn't hit 715 tomorrow, but saturday night, so I can see it in person.....Man I've been to over 20 Giant games and never once seen Bonds hit a homerun.........so I'm hoping the one I see , he passes the Babe, I don't what I'd do

AAA ERA
    Man that must be some kind of record in itself! Stay away, you must be bad luck!

Kid... Your mind is going. They are at home!
    Oh f**k.

KID <-------

AA ERA
    Man that must be some kind of record in itself! Stay away, you must be bad luck!
    Yeah no $*** huh..................Man it's just wrong

I went to a game about three years ago and Barry hit one for me just cuz I came to "The City"...

AAA ERA
    Kid..don't beat yourself up.You are just getting OLD!

Man it's just wrong
    No it is horrible. People at the gate must be warned not to let you in!!!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    I went to a game about three years ago and Barry hit one for me just cuz I came to "The City"...
    Oh yeah just rub it in

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

AAA ERA
    666...20 games? Is there a cloud over your head?

AA ERA
    Well out of those 20 I'd say Bonds played in 10 of them..

But that's still horrible....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast