Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Minor League Thread

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Minor League Thread

Triple-A Fresno's Nate Schierholtz hit for the cycle and drove in three runs on Monday.
    John Bowker is slumping again lately, and it's entirely possible that we'll see him and Schierholtz switch places at some point in the coming weeks. Schierholtz is hitting .304/.346/.536. Versus righties, he's at .310/.346/.605.
    Switch them now!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Low Single-A Savannah's Nick Noonan went 3-for-5 and hit his second homer on MOnday.
    Noonan, a 2007 supplemental first-round pick, is hitting .283/.310/.429 in the Sally League. It's a pretty nice line for a player who just turned 19, but the 32/6 K/BB ratio in 191 at-bats is a problem.
    With him being only 19, the K/BB ratio doesn't bother me so much.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Henry Sosa made his season debut on Sunday, throwing four scoreless innings for Single-A San Jose.
    Sosa, one of the Giants' best prospects, had been sidelined after offseason knee surgery. He should spend the bulk of this year at Double-A.
    Nice return from injury

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants are aware of several attractive players in the collegiate ranks, but they believed they scored heavily with two high-school selections in June. Right-handed pitcher Tim Alderson has a 6-2 record and a 3.68 ERA at Class A San Jose, and left-hander Madison Bumgarner is 5-2, 2.18 at Class A Augusta of the South Atlantic League, having allowed just one earned run in his last 332/3 innings
    Awesome!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Someone to keep an eye on is Pablo Sandoval, a catcher at Single A San Jose. He is currently hitting .377 with 9 HRs and 45 RBI. He is only 21 and has a career batting average of .298. He has been in the Giants system since he was 17. I was just combing through the system and his numbers really stood out. Hopefully he we will get a promotion to AA soon.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Someone to keep an eye on is Pablo Sandoval, a catcher at Single A San Jose. He is currently hitting .377 with 9 HRs and 45 RBI. He is only 21 and has a career batting average of .298. He has been in the Giants system since he was 17. I was just combing through the system and his numbers really stood out. Hopefully he we will get a promotion to AA soon.
    21-year-old Pablo Sandoval hit his 12th homer Friday for Single-A San Jose.
    Sandoval was only truly outstanding during a month of April in which he hit .453 with seven homers, but he's remained rather productive since and is still sporting a .359/.413/.596 line for the season. Unfortunately for him, his big first half didn't convince the Giants to pass on Buster Posey in this month's draft. The switch-hitter still might surface with the Giants as a part-timer at some point during 2009.

I said to watch this guy and someone else takes notice. The Giants are deep at catcher right now which I think is a great thing. I just hope he gets promoted soon. Looks like he has A ball figured out. Posey is just a stud and had to get a great bat like his. Can't pass on him!! Some are saying he is the best player in the draft and I agree.

Madison Bumgarner pitched seven scoreless innings and struck out 10 in another victory for low Single-A Augusta on Saturday.
    That's just a run-of-the-mill outing for the 2007 first-round pick lately. He's 6-0 with a 0.60 ERA and a 72/8 K/BB ratio in 59 2/3 innings over his last 10 starts. We can understand the Giants being reluctant to promote an 18-year-old, but it sure doesn't look like he has anything left to learn in the Sally League.
    Good lord man!!! Send the guy up to A or even AA ball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants minor league system had the second best overall organizational record for the second straight year

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678