Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis vs.San Francisco 5/22 - 5/24

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I haven't seen this much baby shit since Shaq hurt his calf and sat out for two months while coming out with commercials left and right. Sprained ankles are not a month and a half recovery time. I pulled my groin pretty bad in college and played through a lot of pain but only missed four games. I simply stretched multiple times a day, iced/heated it and acted like a man and not a guy getting paid a million to sit on his ass. I also played through a torn labrum which sadly ended my baseball playing days. Sorry but I can't believe it takes even someone as old as Alou that long to recover from an injury like that.

AAA ERA
    Wait till you are that old. It is a .itch!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Trust me pal, I feel that old everyday. I steady diet of Ibuprofen, weed and rest is the only thing keeping my body together. I played baseball 3/4 of the year and put a lot of miles on this body. Plus the alcoholism doesn't help.

AAA ERA
    Someday we can compare ware and tear!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Jamey Wright pitched another beauty tonight as the Giants demolished the best team in the NL. Wright went 8 innings and gave up just one run and held Pujols to just one hit (even if it should have been caught). Bonds went 1-3 with a RBI. Mark Sweeney had the best AB of the night though with the bases loaded and 2 out. He kept fouling off pitches and came from behind in the count to get a full count. Then he got a fat one and crushed it off the RF wall for a two run single. Vizcaino looks like shit at first so getting Snow might not be all that bad. Plus I have yet to see Jose pull a ball. Sweeney needs to get the PT at first. Alou gave Benitez some work which is all I ask even if he didn't do well. He cannot afford to sit on the bench four or five games at a time!

AAA ERA
    It was a great game, and Jamey Wright was outstanding. If he continues to pitch like this he will go down as one of the best free agent signings by the Giants ever. The team player very well behind him so all in all another very good game. Bonds looked good at the plate and the Cards pitched to him most of the night. In the bottom of the eighth the young relief pitcher for the Cards was not going to be the one to be in the record books for giving up 715 so he was not really pitching to Bonds even though I do not believe this was the Cards idea. Anyway 9-2 was a nice win.

Great win. This team is starting to build it's confidence once more.

Wright has been impressive the last few starts and it appears it's only going to get better.

Bonds will get 715 very soon and that will make everything that much better IMO.

Also don't forget we're without Alou who was arguably our best hitter. Getting him back in a couple of weeks will be big too.

AAA ERA
    I agree that Bonds will soon hit 715 because the Cards are pitching to him.
    Its to bad I most likely will not be in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    I agree that Bonds will soon hit 715 because the Cards are pitching to him.
    Its to bad I most likely will not be in the house.
    A lot of teams have been pitching to Bonds this year. Well at least more than the past few years. Sooner or later they'll be back to the same 'ol thing "Walk-a-Barry" (MLB's version of Hack-a-Shaq). Bonds is going to start making them pay very very soon.

AAA ERA
    This is not the same Bonds as a few years ago. This is a old man at the end of his playing days. I would pitch to him just like any good power hitter. He is no longer superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    This is not the same Bonds as a few years ago. This is a old man at the end of his playing days. I would pitch to him just like any good power hitter. He is no longer superman!
    You're a fool.

As Bonds settles down he's gonna be as dangerous as ever (getting 715 should do the trick). Those wrists are lightning quick unlike his legs. Don't sell him short just yet. I think managers are making a big mistake. They getting a false sense of security.

AA ERA
    Hey reefer i'm back for good................I got into some trouble...............had to do some time.

But great win last night......Me and Coopdawg are going to the game on saturday.......so i'm hoping Bonds doesn't hit 715 until then

AA ERA
    Morris ready to face former team
    St. Louis (29-16) at San Francisco (24-21), 7:15 p.m. PT

Giants right-hander Matt Morris broke a four-game losing streak with a well-pitched, 10-1 victory over Houston on Wednesday, and he'd love to take that momentum into Tuesday night's contest vs. St. Louis at AT&T Park.
    "Getting it together means confidence," said Morris, who pitched nine seasons for the Cardinals before coming to the West Coast over the winter. "I've got a big start with St. Louis, and I'm looking forward to it."

Morris said he and another ex-Redbird, catcher Mike Matheny, are well acquainted with the offensive nuances of manager Tony La Russa's crew, noting "with Mike behind the plate, we'll have a good idea on how to get them out."

Morris will make his team-leading 10th start of the season.

"Hopefully, we won't be cracking smiles and getting too goofy out there," said Morris. "I'm looking forward to seeing great friends and pitching to [Scott] Rolen and [Jim] Edmonds. I've never competed against them but watched them over the years."

Pitching matchup
    SF: RHP Matt Morris (3-4, 5.43 ERA)
    Morris is the 13th winningest active pitcher in baseball with a lifetime 104-66 mark (.612). The Giants have lost six of his last seven starts after going 2-0 to start the season.

STL: RHP Jason Marquis (5-4, 5.08 ERA)
    If there's a harder pitcher to figure anywhere in baseball than Marquis, let him step forward. Fresh off a brutal four-game losing streak, Marquis has fashioned a pair of solid starts, and wins, in his past two starts. The right-hander has been susceptible to the long ball, allowing nine homers in his past six starts.

Player to watch
    Matheny has hit safely in 16 of his last 19 games and ranks among National League leaders hitting against left-handers.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants666
    Hey reefer i'm back for good................I got into some trouble...............had to do some time.
    Let me guess ... DUI?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Let me guess ... DUI?
    Nope firearms

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast