Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An outsider's observation/question

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

An outsider's observation/question

Have the Giants or even any of you considered moving Bonds to 1B? I know the Reds fans have kicked the idea around of moving Griffey to 1B to save on the running he does. Do you think that Barry would consider moving, to 1B or wherever, in order to save his legs?
    rf28

AAA ERA
    This was considered by the Giants, but Bonds said NO. He feels that he would be unable to make the switch having never played on the infield on any level. I agree with you, he better learn because he can't play the outfield on this level any longer. To see him play in the outfield is painful. He was a great fielder at one time but no longer. To see him in the field now is just plain SAD!!!

Funny Bear and I were talking about this the other day. No, Bonds doesn't want to play first base. And to do so problably would have had to been decided prior to spring training at a minimun. The guy has never played first base that I know of...anyway he doesn't want to play first base. He doesn't want to hit third. He's Barry Bonds. And yes, to see him stuggle in the outfield is almost comical at this point.

AAA ERA
    No, No! Its painful!!

Crap. The man has a hard time trotting around the bases after a home run.

AAA ERA
    You are correct. Now try to imagine him running in the outfield. PAINFUL!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds would look even dumber at first base! He has never played the position and its not like you can just jump in and be good at it. It takes a while to get to know the position, something Bonds doesn't have is time. We are stuck with Bonds in LF for a minimal of seven innings every game he plays and we have to deal with it!

AAA ERA
    Yes, Reefer I agree, but unlike 6 weeks ago I feel the time we will be watching him play left field may be short. I hope I am wrong, but that how I see it today!

That's why I said this kind of thing would have had to be thought of and tried way before the season started. We don't know if Bonds can even pick up a ground ball. Anyway, it's a moot point.

Remember, Bonds WON'T play another position. Bonds WON'T bat in the number three postion.

I may have to make a new signature...Barry is kinda piossing me off lately.

AAA ERA
    I won't do it again but you need to read before you post!

I read it all and that's how I feel about it. Amazing how a guy making $18 Million tells the ball club what he will do and won't do.

BTW, shut up.

AAA ERA
    Look, Bonds wants to do it his way and thats it. I can relate, but I work for myself and I do not answer to anyone. I don't take a pay check from anyone either. He works for the Giants a is paid very well so he should be doing what they want not what he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Look, Bonds wants to do it his way and thats it. I can relate, but I work for myself and I do not answer to anyone. I don't take a pay check from anyone either. He works for the Giants a is paid very well so he should be doing what they want not what he wants!
    Agee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast