Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM For the Day!

AAA ERA

GM For the Day!

If you were named Giants GM for the day, what changes would you make
    for this year, and the future? I know what I would make, but I am interested in your ideas. Be as creative as you want, but be serious. Also be clear which players you would want and which players you would move. Last thing, keep in mind that you are not going to get A. Rod. for Jeremy Accardo. Keep it real!!!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Send Cain down to the minors and make Hennessey a permanent starter in the rotation.

AAA ERA
    I do not believe this will happen. First, the Giants believe that Cain is the future of their pitching staff. They think with adjustments he will have a second half like Lowry had last season. For me the jury is still out, but I think they may be right on this one. Hennessey's stock is on the rise with the Giants so he may yet become a fixture in the rotation. If this happens I do not think it will be Cain who is out.We will see over the next few weeks. JMO

Bonds to NY for A-Rod.

Sorry Bear but this exercise is way too complicated. Besides I can't be objective! I'm way too much of a homer.

I happen to agree with Bear abpout Cain. He is a future star for the Gaints. Having him miss a couple of starts to work on some stuff is a good move iMO. Sending him down would fool with the kid's head. This way he knows the Gaints have faith in him and just want him to work on a few things. JMO.

I love the way Hennessey has been piticing. I think he has earned a place in the starting rotation.

AAA ERA
    Kid.. I have no problem with what you say, but who would be in your rotation today, and in what order?

GO GIANTS!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I would send Pedro Feliz, Todd Linden, and Brad Hennessey to the Marlins for Miguel Cabrera. If that's not enough, throw Accardo in there.

AAA ERA
    Reefer... Cabrera is great and I know you love this guy but I think you might be going a little overboard! If you are going to give all these players why not throw in a few more and get Dontrelle Willis? Lets make it blockbuster!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Reefer... Cabrera is great and I know you love this guy but I think you might be going a little overboard! If you are going to give all these players why not throw in a few more and get Dontrelle Willis? Lets make it blockbuster!
    Willis? I'm in!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I rather invest in a player like Cabrera because he can come close to filling Bonds' shoes and is still so young. He would be the future of this team for a long time. Feliz can't hit but can play a mean third base which Cabrera is playing right now for the Marlins. Linden has power but hasn't shown it at the MLB level but put him young guys like Hermida, Willingham and Jacobs he could really relax and just play. Hennessey would move from one pitcher's park to another.

I just want Cabrera because he's young, can mash it, and he's a right handed. He can tear the AT&T left field seats down.

Hey Bear -- What did Vickie say?

AAA ERA
    I can not disagree but the price still is a bit high. But if it happened I would not be very upset. Good call with good thought process. Any other ideas?

Now, how do you other SF fans feel? Lets hear your ideas!

AAA ERA
    Kid... She said you are too old, and she just does not have that kind of feeling for you.

She is calling me back later! We have a thing!!!

We have a thing!!!
    Now things are coming into focus!

AAA ERA
    Back to the THREAD!

Back to the THREAD!
    D'oh...Kid goes back to figuring out the rotation!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast