Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers @ Giants

Giants Dodgers @ Giants

I hate the Dodgers. F*** them.

We need to bust some ass in this series and take it to the BUMS.

Morris leads it off tonight against Penny.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!

AAA ERA
    Hi guys I am back! As I watched the first game with LA I was struck with the total lack of TEAM the Giants have right now. Its all about Bonds and his link to the history of the Giants past and present. As much as I hate to say this I fear this is the real problem that will not go away any time soon. I hope I am wrong.

Another thought to share. It was wonderful while I was away not to hear daily about Bonds roids problem. I would check the Box scores and follow the game and not the cloud that follows Mr. Bonds. Its a game guys and we tend to forget that.

Well look what the cat dragged in.

Welcome back Bear!!!!

We're in a tail spin my firend. The pitiching has gone South -- way south. Cain can't get anybody out and he walks as many guys as innings pitched.

We have some problems.

Time for the Bear to change the mojo!

AAA ERA
    Kid... The only thing that I feel will help is if all the players feel they are as much a part of the team as Bonds. When Cain came up he was king! Now he is just the young kid we hope will do well. He needs to think the team needs him. Also I like Durham but his time has past with the arrival of the new kid at second. The Giants just do not seem to meld youth with veterans well.

Side note: There is a new under current in SF and that is ownership is growing tired of Bonds act and will move him to the AL as a DH. I never thought I would see the day that would happen but now I am not sure. How things change in three and a half weeks!

You're right. The last couple of weeks the entire thing has been about Bonds. It's old and trired. I wish he'd hit that damn couple of HR's so the focus can get off him for a while. It's not doing the team any good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Welcome back Bear!!! The Giants cannot get on a roll here as they lose to the Dodgers even when Penny leaves rthe game early. Morris continues to suck shit through a tube! I am hungover and that's about all I got!

AAA ERA
    Reefer...You are right that Morris is not pitching as well as we had hoped, but I think he will by the end of the season. As I see it the starting pitching is MUCH better than last year, but the relief pitching sucks eggs. The hitting is up and down, but with and older lineup this may be what you get. Thank God for J. Wright. This guy can pitch. The game on Thursday may have been the best game by a Giant pitcher I have seen in a long time. This guy changes speeds with great command.

All I can say is they are only 3 back with a long way to go.

We suck!

Reefer also brought up the fact that the starters were doing "ok" but the relief pitiching sucks. Hey I don't buy it. Look at Morris and Cain for example. They are getting shelled almost everytime out. The Giants' ERA is the worst in the National League.

True you don't know what yo're going to get as far as hitting goes from game to game. The Bonds wtach thing isn't helping. Randy Wynn is has cooled off considerably although he's stil hitting .285. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Giants Win, Gaints Win!!!!!!

Giants score 4 in ninth to beat the BUMS 6-5. Whew.

Bonds goes oh-for again.

Here is the Giants scoring in the ninth:

9th Niekro singled to left center, Finley scored, Feliz to second. 5-3
    9th Greene doubled to left, Feliz scored, Niekro to third. 5-4
    9th Ortmeier singled to center, Niekro scored, Greene to third. 5-5
    9th Vizquel hit sacrifice fly to right, Vizcaino scored. 6-5

Good day!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

I heard Baseball Tonight talking about the possibility of the Giants trading Bonds. The management could be tired of the act, but the fact is he puts fans in the seats and money to the team. What would they rather do, move Bonds because of his act, or keep fans and money rolling in? I'm not a Giants fan, but they need to keep him around because he still helps this offense.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)

@ New Mexico State

MLB ERA
    they shouldn't trade bonds, even though he's strugling he still helps out his team by those walks, which lead to runs, he's still productive

btw guys I loved yesterday's game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go Giants, lets take 2 out of 3 from those F***in dodgers!!!!!!!!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bonds could hit #714 off a Dodgers pitcher like he did with his record setting single season home run total. I like to see history in the making regardless of who against which team, but jeez..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giants will never trade Bonds because he does have a no- trade and he makes way too much money for a team to take on, especially a soon to be 42 yr old. He keeps the asses in the seats and the Giants make a lot of money off of him and they are still trying to pay the field off. Never happen just like the Pads getting Zito!

OC Padre Fan
    Rookie ERA

Padres

Hey Reefer, you can stop with the whole Zito rumor thing. Right now, the way the Padres are pitching, we don't need him.

Now, to my point about Bonds. I think it's a very serious possibility that the Giants could trade Bonds so they get something in return for him instead of letting him walk after this season. Also, does Bonds have a 'No Trade Clause' in his contract? I haven't heard that he does, but then the only thing I know about his contract is, he's a free agent at the end of the year. I would be both shocked and not surprised if the Giants traded him at the deadline.
    FRESNO STATE SCHEDULE

v. Sacramento State W 24-3 (1-0)

@ (25) Texas A&M L 47-45 3 OT's (1-1)

@ Oregon L 54-21 (1-2)

v. Louisiana Tech W 17-6 (2-2, 1-0)

@ Nevada W 49-41 (3-2, 2-0)

@ Idaho W 37-24 (4-2, 3-0)

v. San Jose State W 30-0 (5-2, 4-0)

v. Boise State L 34-21 (5-3, 4-1)

v. Utah State W 38-27 (6-3, 5-1)

@ Hawaii L 37-30 (6-4, 5-2)

v. Kansas State W 45-29 (7-4, 5-2)