Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodgers @ Giants

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Hennessey is pitching better than Cain so it makes perfect sense. Cain has the confidence if you read his quotes the day after he gets crushed. He still has that head on straight.

AAA ERA
    I am not too worried about Cain. Alot of great pitchers have trouble in their second year. I still feel he will be their #1 in 2008 and will show steady improvement until that time.

AAA ERA
    Reefer... There was a time, no fan thought that Willie Mays would be traded, and look what happened. Bonds does put butts in the seats but for how long? His fielding is at an all time low, and it is really sad to see him run in the field. You can almost feel his pain. Do I want to see him traded, NO! Would I be shocked, NO!

Never say never, and I will keep using this saying until you understand this concept! JMO

Mays for Williams (who).

Bonds for who? I don't think that many teams would be jumping at the chance of paying Barry the kind of money it would take.

And in fact, Giants attendance is down this year...check the numbers. Bonds isn't necessarily putting butts in the seats. That is a misconception.

AAA ERA
    Kid... You lived in SF. It's not just Bonds. The fans in this town come out because its a new park or the team is winning. The Park is no longer new and the team is not winning. Add that up and that is more of the reason why the attendance is down. Remember this is a town where you have more than one place to spend your money! And the money he makes is not a problem for some of the owners in the AL.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I can say never when it's baseball enemy #1. What GM is going to give anything for a soon to be 42 yr old who isn't hitting and making $18 mil? Plus the Giants had someone to take Mays' place when he was traded, we do not. Who was Mays traded for? Who the hell knows because he wasn't worth a damn. Oh and Bonds has a no trade clause! I say never!!!

AAA ERA
    I say not! We will just have to disagree!!

Take me out to the ball park??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Kid... You lived in SF. It's not just Bonds. The fans in this town come out because its a new park or the team is winning. The Park is no longer new and the team is not winning. Add that up and that is more of the reason why the attendance is down. Remember this is a town where you have more than one place to spend your money! And the money he makes is not a problem for some of the owners in the AL.
    All this is true. In fact it's true of almost every city in the US. Same thng happened in Seattle. The new stadium was built and it was fashionable to go to Safeco Field. The team was winning. In fact they won a major league record 116 games and the fans came in droves. The stadium isn't new anymore. The team is losing and the fans aren't coming. Lot of things to do witih their money (like buy gasoline) instead of watching a lousy ball club lose day in and day out.

But my point is, Bonds isn't necessarily a "drawing card" putting butts in the seats. That just a misconception as I mentioned earlier. The team has to win --- that's the bottom line. Don't get me wriong, the fans are still going to ATT Park...the attendence is just down some because of the losing -- Bonds or no Bonds.

AAA ERA
    Its always nice to agree with the KID!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123