Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you guys concerned about Bonds' health?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds hits #711 and has three in one week. He's coming...and with a day off today and tomorrow he will be ready for a series against the West! Nice article from a typical Padre fan!

MLB ERA
    Reefer, I can appreciate your optimism and despite all of my smack I admire what Barry has done. Roids issue aside, when I saw him turn around a 98 MPH fastball from Gagne last year and pull it 40 feet foul into the cove I was impressed. That said, he looks like he's falling apart IMO. He looks bad in the outfield and he's obviously in pain rounding the bases. It's obvious he'll pass fatboy but I think he retires before he reaches Henry Aaron (how the f*ck do you spell Aaron??- total brainfart). Anyways, JMHO.

It is starting to look like this is Barry's swan song this season. But you never know...the man can get on a roll like nobody in baseball history. It could happen albeit unlikely to break Aaron's record. It'd be fun if he made a run at it. Not sure that is what "baseball" would want to see but as a lifelong Giants fan it is what I would like to see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I too believe this is his last year. Two years ago I said he would easily pass Aaron barring injury and that's just what happened. This is the last year of his contract and won't go to the Al just to break this record. He wants a ring more than any record or MVP. If he doesn't get it this year, he will be in a select group along with Williams and Banks. The only time he got to a WS, he blew it up with offense.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    How are you a pussy ? Once you are done beaning said batter, the batter is the one standing there with the bat in his hands...
    and i hope one of these days a batter does throw the bat on the head of the pitcher

throwing a ball at a batter without a reason is like defensive player taking a cheap shot at a QB after being down by 4 touchdowns

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I too believe this is his last year. Two years ago I said he would easily pass Aaron barring injury and that's just what happened. This is the last year of his contract and won't go to the Al just to break this record. He wants a ring more than any record or MVP. If he doesn't get it this year, he will be in a select group along with Williams and Banks. The only time he got to a WS, he blew it up with offense.
    Bonds told MLB.com that he doesn't think he can break hank aaron's record

but i personally think he can, and i think he's lying on purpose just to take off some of the pressure by the media and he's playing the reverse psychology game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12