Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants place Benitez on DL, again.

Giants place Benitez on DL, again.

Giants placed RHP Armando Benitez on the 15-day disabled list with a left knee injury.
    Benitez will spend the next two weeks working through his troubles. He'll probably be an effective closer at some point after returning, though it might not happen during April. It's higher unlikely that any of the Giants' alternatives will manage to claim the job on a permanent basis, so Benitez owners shouldn't just give the right-hander away.

Looks like my "Benitez is injury prone" comment is coming true, eh Reefer?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    blast, I just drafted him no less that 2 minutes ago
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA
    This guy is bad news! We need to take one of the young kids and make him the closer like Okland did with H. Street! He will never be a player you can count on for a long period of time. The time is NOW to make the change and see if another club will take Benitez off our hands.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    90% of this team will see the DL, and a person about signing up for AARP membership. Notta surprise.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA
    Benitez problem is not about age. It is his attitude that is in question. I feel he will never be what the Giants hoped for when they got him and now is the time to say good-bye!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This is bad news but knew it was coming. Bullpen by comittee now with Worrell as the front runner IMO. I said early on last year when Benitez went down that Fassero should have been the closer at that time since he was pitching better. I think we might have to look at that again.

And General, at the time you made that statement Benitez had not missed significant time due to injury.

AAA ERA
    Why not think young? The Giants have several young arms that could become a the closer for years to come.Worrell or Fassero would only be a stop gap. JMO

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I would take experience right now to start the season off. Benitez will be back so in the meantime stick with experience. Valdez will get his shot sometime this year in the pen. He is looking like closer material this year and its about time.

AAA ERA
    Well we are at least close to being on the same page!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Why not think young? The Giants have several young arms that could become a the closer for years to come.Worrell or Fassero would only be a stop gap. JMO
    Aren't the Giants one of the oldewt teams in baseball? Sooner rather than later I'd like to see them go with the young kids.

Fassero? How long has this guy been kicking around. I'm not much of a fan of his to be honest.

AAA ERA
    Great pitcher in his day, and a good person to have in the pen, but not one you build around for the future! I want to see youth mixed in with the old guard.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That's what we got, youth mixed with veterans. Not every young guy can be thrown into the lion's den and pitch like Huston Street. Example, Tyler Walker. I will take a veteran over a young guy to close in this situation. We have young guys who are going to be huge like Munter, Taschner, Lowry, Cain and Accardo.

AAA ERA
    No time Like the present!

Benitez felling "more better"...wants to return.

Let's hope he comes back April 17 and can shake this injury thing for the rest of the season.

Story

AAA ERA
    If you believe that than I have a piece of land to sell you about 75 miles west of the Golden Gate!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast