Thread: Grand Jury to investigate Bonds

Giants Grand Jury to investigate Bonds

Well they just keep piling on. Now there is a Grand Jury investigation to determine if Bonds lied to another Grand Jury under oath.

The hit's just keep coming. And I wonder why Bonds isn't performing on the field? Who could with all the shit coming down around him?

Here is the full story.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, according to what I've read about Barry, he supposedly plays better while facing adversity.

Guess not.

Do you think that Barry would walk away during the season?
    rf28

AA ERA
    I would like to think that he wouldn't... But with Barry you never know... Guess we will have to wait and see.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

For a while now I have been feeling that Bonds may just walk away. The pressure, the booing at away games and now this new Grand Jury investigation might just be too much for the man. Frankly I wouldn't blame him. Who here would want that kind of cloud over your head day and night for an entire baseball season?

We'll see but it just wouldn't surprise me at all.

AA ERA
    For a while now I have been feeling that Bonds may just walk away. The pressure, the booing at away games and now this new Grand Jury investigation might just be too much for the man. Frankly I wouldn't blame him. Who here would want that kind of cloud over your head day and night for an entire baseball season?

We'll see but it just wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I would understand if he did, but what would piss off Selig more than to see if Bonds managed to stick it out and then break Hank Aaron's record. I have never cared much for Barry but I dislike Selig even more, so to see his facial expression if Bonds were to do that would be priceless.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    I would understand if he did, but what would piss off Selig more than to see if Bonds managed to stick it out and then break Hank Aaron's record. I have never cared much for Barry but I dislike Selig even more, so to see his facial expression if Bonds were to do that would be priceless.
    Yes ture. But I'm starting to wonder if Bonds can even concentrate on baseball at this point. It's got to be uncomfortable. And for him to break records you'd think he has to be focused. Right now I don't think he is. And again I can't blame the guy.

Personally I'd love to see him break the all time HR record. But then there is going to be this lifetime controversy which I really can do without.

AAA ERA
    I believe that Bonds will stick it out, but I do not want to say anymore than that. Get this over with and Play Baseball!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds has too much pride and will leave when he is ready. He will not be forced out by Selig or anyone else. Its a pretty weak case since Bonds said he unknowingly took a clear substance that he thought was flaxseed oil.

AAA ERA
    Lets move on to the Game!

The Federal Government is involved now. Fact is Barry could end up in jail. Remember they made an example of Martha Stuart. It could happen. Not saying it will be it could. This is serious shit to have a Grand Jury meeting for over two weeks on this issue.