Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonds' circus has only just begun

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Kid... Do not waste your time!
    Oh really. That bad, huh? Well I don't know what else I'd expect. Clearly anything that is talked about on that program would be spinning it towards Bonds' point of view.

Thanks for the heads up -- I'll pass.

AA ERA
    Yeah, I heard that during the last episode he was going for a box of tissues and a few syringes fell out.

In all honesty though, I have never really like the guy but I can't denie that he is one of the greatest baseball players to ever play the game. I would like to believe that the steroid allegations aren't true but nor do I think this "investigation" will find anything saying whether he did or didn't.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

I really don't know what MLB expects to come out of these "investigations" Are they going to investigate every player in the league? If not, why not? And if they come to some sort of conclusion that certain players used, what then? Are they going to rewrite the record books by striking all the stats for those players for the years in question? And if so are they sure they got everybody? It's ridiculous.

MLB would be wised to let this go and get on with the game. They have measures in place now and it's time to stop bringing more focus on the steroid issue. Nothing good can possibly come of it now.

It’s a shame Bonds felt the need to keep up with the Jones…the guy is one of the most talented baseball players of all time. His legacy is tarnished now. But nevertheless I’m glad he’s on my team!

AA ERA
    This whole investigation is centered around Bonds but Selig is trying to make it seemed like they are going for numerous players. I believe they are wanting to find those players in order to see if they know anything about Bonds, so if in fact they can prove that he did use steroids they can rip his potential HR record away from him if he manages to reach it. Like I said in a previous post, a lawyer stated that by law the MLB can't force any player to say anything they do not want to because there is no sapina or grand jury putting them on trial. And if the MLB chooses to give fines or suspensions this mess will get real ugly, real quick.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    This whole investigation is centered around Bonds but Selig is trying to make it seemed like they are going for numerous players. I believe they are wanting to find those players in order to see if they know anything about Bonds, so if in fact they can prove that he did use steroids they can rip his potential HR record away from him if he manages to reach it. Like I said in a previous post, a lawyer stated that by law the MLB can't force any player to say anything they do not want to because there is no sapina or grand jury putting them on trial. And if the MLB chooses to give fines or suspensions this mess will get real ugly, real quick.
    Sure but how they gonna do that without wiping out McGuire's HR #'s, Sosa and some others? It's not going to work. They are painting themselves into a corner and a potential record book filled with asterisks and other symbols with a two page ledger at the bottom...And whatg about other positions? Are they wondering if there were any pitchers for example who might have juiced? There really is no way for them to conduct a real investigation. So from that standpoint you're right...they are focusing on Bonds and that's not right.

MLB is paying now for turning their heads when they thought they needed the excitement of the home run challenge. It was just what the doctor ordered in those days after the baseball stike turned off fans etc. Now after coming under a ton of pressure because of the recent book on Bonds and other things they want to have an investigation. Too late boys. IMO that dog won't hunt.

AAA ERA
    Its about Bonds and the HR record. This is a witch hunt! If he was not about to pass Ruth or if he was white I do not think they would be going after him like this. Also he has done nothing about years of sticking it to the press. Do what you want but get on with it.

PLAY BALL!! GO GIANTS!!!

Its about Bonds and the HR record. This is a witch hunt! If he was not about to pass Ruth or if he was white I do not think they would be going after him like this. Also he has done nothing about years of sticking it to the press. Do what you want but get on with it.

PLAY BALL!! GO GIANTS!!!
    Agree, agree and agree.

Get on with it and don't let this crap drag on. When it's all said and done I really don't see how MLB is going to do anyting about this after the fact without completely bastardizing the recod books and the intreigty of the game and it's records. Pitiful. And I blame the owners for the most part for turning their hears in the late 90's.

AAA ERA
    Kid...Oh my god, I agree with you!

GO GIANTS!!!

DUMP SELIG!!!!

Thak God for small favors!

Bud Selig is a pice of shit to say the least. He looks like he's gonna fall asleep standing at the podium.

AAA ERA
    If he did maybe he would fall over dead and give us so Peace!

GO GIANTS!!!!
    DUMP SELIG!!!

Bear...so really, what is your take on this silly investagation?

I mean what the hell are they going to find? And if they find that Barry did something (which is doubtful) does it end there or are they compleled to investigate the rest of the cheaters so they can rewrite the record books (I think they have to)...UGH. This is why they would be better severed to stop this insipid investagiation and let the game move forward.

Thoughts?

AAA ERA
    He did, and alot of others did to, many including Bonds with the blessing of the owners. My God the Home Run records brought Baseball back to life after the strike. The owners loved it when the balls were jumping out of the parks and the Fans put there butts back in the seats. Its all about money! Do not get me started or my Blood Pressure will go through the roof!

AA ERA
    Honestly, I think going into the past is stupid... Worry about whats going on now and trying to clear it from baseball. This is a investigation centered around Bonds more so than any other player suspected of using steriods in the past.

Funny how Selig has known this has been going on for numerous years and now that Bonds is closing in on Hank Aaron he decides "Oh ok, I think now is the appropriate time to check and see which of my little bat swingers was doing a No-No!"

This whole thing is a fluke because like a lawyer for a MLB player said players can't be forced to testify because there is no sapina or grand jury forcing them too, so by law they don't have too. Then you will see baseball threaten to suspend or fine these players and it will all just become a bigger mess rather than something positive.

Another one of Selig's dumb moves that stands a higher chance of failing rather than doing anything positive for baseball.
    That was a previous post I made on this same subject.

He did, and alot of others did to, many including Bonds with the blessing of the owners. My God the Home Run records brought Baseball back to life after the strike. The owners loved it when the balls were jumping out of the parks and the Fans put there butts back in the seats. Its all about money! Do not get me started or my Blood Pressure will go through the roof!
    Well that is my point.

The owners let it go by turning the other way and now they're all "holier than thou" with their f*cking "investigation" because some journalist wrote a damn book.

It's madness. They better stop this shit beofre they get in so deep they can't extract themselves. Buncha pathetic jackasses.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    That was a previous post I made on this same subject.
    Right on the money, baby! (rep)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast