Thread: Just got back from Spring Training....

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Just got back from Spring Training....

We just got back......spent last week out in Peoria......had a chance to see some of the new guys play...... Not that you're all interested in what I think but here is what we saw....

Chris Young - We had a chance to see him yesterday in the Giants game.....in the 1st inning he was hit incredibly hard but only gave up 1 run luckily, due to the entire batters eye in Peoria stadium being in fair territory. I think it was the 3rd batter of the day hit a ball 3/4 the way up and it bounced back in for the 2nd double of the inning....... after he got out of the 1st he settled down for a couple........All I can say is that I sure hope its the warm air of AZ that is the problem for him.......or we're going to be missing Eaton very soon.......If it is just the warm air, then he does look like he's got really good stuff......it was just very hard to see it with rockets being hit to all fields in that 1st inning.... Hopeful !!!

Josh Barfield - My simple thoughts are this........we're not going to miss Loretta other than the fact that he was such a great guy to have around. Josh is smooth, appears fundamentally sound, and seems to have a very good idea of what to do at the plate. He and Kahlil looked very comfortable with eachother up the middle, and Josh showed great range a few times in the games we saw....... Love this kid !!!

Adrian Gonzalez - We only got to see him in yesterdays game, but what I saw was very good defense. He saved an error for Greene, and fielded his position very cleanly. He left something to be desired at the plate, and hopefully that will come with time, but it was nice to see someone play 1st like they actually knew what they were doing. Very Hopeful !!!

Leone - Who is this kid........wow.......why isn't he playing for someone already.....I'm curious if this spring is a flash in the pan or if he's the real deal.........skills, bat, run, throw.......maybe we have our 3bag next year ??? Longshot

Piazza - LOL.....what do you say about him, he hit some rockets, looks as physically fit as he could be, and my god does the ball sound different coming off his bat..............However what an ass.....lol..... He snubbed multiple groups of kids, on more than one occasion......I will say this, one of these situations he was trying to warm up and really didn't have time, the other was a 100% dick move...... the players were all stopping to sign, and he just ignored or looked at you and gave a smirk and never stopped..... Oh well..... Better stay healthy !!!

Mirabelli - Looked good, he should be starting over Piazza IMO.....better all around catcher without question..... hitting better, and far better skills behind the dish..........IMO

Ok thats enough for now.......... if you're interested
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    in regards to Chris Young, i've read that he's pretty much working on new pitches and refining his normal pitches and not really focusing on getting the guy out. It's pretty common for pitchers who don't have to fight for a starting spot in spring.

That, and Eaton's not doing too well in ST right now either, going off stats alone.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    TY.........it's nice to know that there might be a reason for what I watched.......because......... DAMN he was getting hit hard....even the outs were blistered......

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Piazza - LOL.....what do you say about him, he hit some rockets, looks as physically fit as he could be, and my god does the ball sound different coming off his bat..............However what an ass.....lol..... He snubbed multiple groups of kids, on more than one occasion......I will say this, one of these situations he was trying to warm up and really didn't have time, the other was a 100% dick move...... the players were all stopping to sign, and he just ignored or looked at you and gave a smirk and never stopped..... Oh well..... Better stay healthy !!!
    Of course we care.......glad you enjoyed yourself. Did you stop in Yuma on your way back for the weekend games?

As for Piazza, can't believe I used to idolize the guy. Had my stomach turned by him about the same time he went to the Mets and was glad he left LA.....now we're stuck with the ass...........
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    No.....we took the 10 freeway home......wanted to figure out which way was faster.......I think we'll stick taking the I-8 to Gila Bend and hanging a left....lol

MLB ERA
    No.....we took the 10 freeway home......wanted to figure out which way was faster.......I think we'll stick taking the I-8 to Gila Bend and hanging a left....lol
    LOLOLOL.....Gila Bend = Toothless poor White trash.....
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    ...........Soooooooo true.......... how bad is your life when you have to live there.......lol

MLB ERA
    what's Gila Bend?

MLB ERA
    TY.........it's nice to know that there might be a reason for what I watched.......because......... DAMN he was getting hit hard....even the outs were blistered......
    http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASAp...t=.jsp&c_id=sd

here's the article I refered to.

MLB ERA
    Gila Bend is a "town" sort of........half the buildings are condemned.......the other half probably should be........and it's the last stop for gas before you hit the 85 crossover frwy between the I-8 and I-10 on your way to Peoria

MLB ERA
    ......and the town has no dentist

MLB ERA
    ......and the town has no dentist
    They don't need a dentist there.....no one there has teeth........

MLB ERA
    good point.........he'd be far too late......... the best part of that town is the extraterrestrial hotel in the middle of town.......huge flying saucer as it's road sign.......... nice nice