Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thought Thread!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah Hensley and Hoffman both start with the letter "H" but two different words.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Hensley should get a shot at starting......he was only one of our best arms last year for christs sake.......what does it take to get a start on this team anymore......**** the "play the veteran" attitude Bochy, play the best player instead...... in other words.......DON'T START KLESKO.......
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    I'd like to take a moment to pat our backs here on the Padres forum for a second......... We have more posts by far than any other team in the NLWest, so clearly we have better fans backing our team

Way to go fellow Padre fans........good job

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The nature and extent of our current national crisis, as well as its causes and cures, are the subject of intense political struggle. I offer this letter as a contribution to that struggle and debate in hopes of helping to shine a light on padrefanforever's efforts to place stumbling blocks in front of those of us who seek value and fulfilment in our personal and professional lives. Let me start by stressing that I am not attempting to suppress anyone's opinions, nor do I intend to demean padrefanforever personally for his beliefs or worldviews. But I do maintain that I must discuss the relationship between three converging and ever-growing factions -- indelicate geeks, lackadaisical hatemongers, and the most heartless brigands you'll ever see. He says that every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information. But then he turns around and says that the majority of mentally deficient kooks are heroes, if not saints. You know, you can't have it both ways, padrefanforever.

Think of the lives that could be saved if we would just arraign padrefanforever at the tribunal of public opinion. I want my life to count. I want to be part of something significant and lasting. I want to examine the warp and woof of padrefanforever's theatrics. Idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why padrefanforever spends his leisure time devising ever more contemptible ways to revive the ruinous excess of a bygone era to bounce and blow amidst the ruinous excess of the present era.

Even though padrefanforever's use of bookish, infernal tax cheats is pathetic, this does not negate the fact that we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that padrefanforever will withhold information and disseminate half truths and whole lies. And to overcome these fears, we must reinforce what is best in people. I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: All of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of his whiney plans for the future. They are not a cause; they are an effect. Finally, any mistakes in this letter are strictly my fault. But if you find any factual error or have more updated information on the subject of padrefanforever, padrefanforever-inspired versions of Dadaism, etc., please tell me, so I can write an even stronger letter next time.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    I'd like to take a moment to pat our backs here on the Padres forum for a second......... We have more posts by far than any other team in the NLWest, so clearly we have better fans backing our team

Way to go fellow Padre fans........good job
    WOW, I never noticed that before........I think.........

When Pads fans can reach the Reds post count then we can boast........seriously though.......realmofo (Dogs) and ltr (Gnats) and 777 (the AZ team) and some Rox fan (whoever that may be) can take heart in knowing that a near .500 record is good enough to win the NL West (or is it NL Worst?) Let's all just hope that 2006 will reflect a stronger NL West than 2005 proved to be.

Thx for the positive thoughts.......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    The nature and extent of our current national crisis, as well as its causes and cures, are the subject of intense political struggle. I offer this letter as a contribution to that struggle and debate in hopes of helping to shine a light on padrefanforever's efforts to place stumbling blocks in front of those of us who seek value and fulfilment in our personal and professional lives. Let me start by stressing that I am not attempting to suppress anyone's opinions, nor do I intend to demean padrefanforever personally for his beliefs or worldviews. But I do maintain that I must discuss the relationship between three converging and ever-growing factions -- indelicate geeks, lackadaisical hatemongers, and the most heartless brigands you'll ever see. He says that every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information. But then he turns around and says that the majority of mentally deficient kooks are heroes, if not saints. You know, you can't have it both ways, padrefanforever.

Think of the lives that could be saved if we would just arraign padrefanforever at the tribunal of public opinion. I want my life to count. I want to be part of something significant and lasting. I want to examine the warp and woof of padrefanforever's theatrics. Idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why padrefanforever spends his leisure time devising ever more contemptible ways to revive the ruinous excess of a bygone era to bounce and blow amidst the ruinous excess of the present era.

Even though padrefanforever's use of bookish, infernal tax cheats is pathetic, this does not negate the fact that we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that padrefanforever will withhold information and disseminate half truths and whole lies. And to overcome these fears, we must reinforce what is best in people. I like to face facts. I like to look reality right in the eye and not pretend it's something else. And the reality of our present situation is this: All of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of his whiney plans for the future. They are not a cause; they are an effect. Finally, any mistakes in this letter are strictly my fault. But if you find any factual error or have more updated information on the subject of padrefanforever, padrefanforever-inspired versions of Dadaism, etc., please tell me, so I can write an even stronger letter next time.
    HUH?
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    That was a fun read............. nice to have a fan

MLB ERA
    What are "reputation comments" within this forum structure ?

MLB ERA

Padres Pads visit old home

Pads back in Yuma

The writer of this article makes Yuma seem like a slow moving rural town. Granted it is not SD, Phx, LA or NYC, but Yuma has grown folks. Since the Pads moved to Peoria in '93, Yuma has grown by leaps and bounds and is on pace to join the contiguous city that is SoCal. In any case, it was a great day of baseball in Yuma today.

MLB ERA
    We stopped in Yuma on our way to Peoria on Thursday am......it's still a hole......just getting to be a bigger hole...... ....... the IHOP is still winning awards as "the best place in Yuma to get breakfast" ....... spend enough time home between vacations, and you forget that there are still parts of this country where thats allowed.......lol............ that's one law here in Cali that should be in all 50 states by now IMO......... sorry smokers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA
    Hey....I have that card still..... that trade killed me.....wrecked my little league innocence.......

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ha, Leo. I was playing with the "press the red button" thing on your MySpace page. Got to be pretty annoying.

MLB ERA
    what's your MySpace, fool?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't have one. I'm against them. I just stumbled onto yours from Daniel's.

Also, Joel Zumaya from the Tigers is from Chula Vista!

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast