Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Padres reportedly pull the trigger on a 6 player deal...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    so far so great...........no if only Alderson can wave his magic wand and shore up this rotation........... Estes as the #2 doesn't exactly strike fear into opponents I would think....lol
    trust me, if they don't do something next offseason i'll be right alongside you complaining about this.

And I still view Chris Young as the "2" why they put Estes there completely baffles me
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Shawn Estes as a #2 does indeed strike fear into people.

Don't you remember when he tried to hit someone but threw the ball 8 feet over his head? With that kind of terrible control, every batter must be terrified.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Oh I know........I just seems to me, that when you look at your team, and see how good of a lineup you ended up with coming out of spring, you look to add the missing piece, and clearly that is our rotation. Our rotation is not good......anytime you have Estes as your #2, you're not in great shape......now if Young moves to the #2, Estes to the #3 spot, then we're still not looking great unless Brazelton turns into the next coming and proves his critics wrong.......

I just don't want the team to miss out on a great opportunity to win, because the Padres didn't have enough pitching........that's all.....and I know you're the same way.......but it's been an issue for more than a couple years now, and you'd think they would do something about it.......
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Shawn Estes as a #2 does indeed strike fear into people.

Don't you remember when he tried to hit someone but threw the ball 8 feet over his head? With that kind of terrible control, every batter must be terrified.
    TY.........I stand corrected

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Oh I know........I just seems to me, that when you look at your team, and see how good of a lineup you ended up with coming out of spring, you look to add the missing piece, and clearly that is our rotation. Our rotation is not good......anytime you have Estes as your #2, you're not in great shape......now if Young moves to the #2, Estes to the #3 spot, then we're still not looking great unless Brazelton turns into the next coming and proves his critics wrong.......

I just don't want the team to miss out on a great opportunity to win, because the Padres didn't have enough pitching........that's all.....and I know you're the same way.......but it's been an issue for more than a couple years now, and you'd think they would do something about it.......
    I agree with you that they don't have enough pitching.

I just don't think it's realistically feesable for them to acquire any pitching that'd be good enough to aleviate this without giving up way too much.

Perhaps, maybe, Wells...but i'm not 100 percent positive he'd be enough considering his age and all.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I think you're right.......unless they get really creative.......we're pretty deep in certain areas......so you never know........but you're right......*sigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12