Thread: My 2015 Petco park experience

Rookie ERA

My 2015 Petco park experience

I went to the Friday Saturday Sunday games vs. the Giants this past week, and maybe its opening week, maybe its we have some star power on the team, or whatever it is, but Petco was the place to be!

The 4 game series drew a record for attendance for a 4 game set in Petco history. (Awesome)

Our offense actually DROVE in runs with runners in scoring position throughout the series (More Awesome)

Angel Pagan made himself public enemy number 1 with his gum toss at Derek Norris in the opener on Thursday, the rain of boos was too cool. Possibly the beginning of a season long rivalry where we may see benches clear at least once between the two teams?

The Craig Kimbrel experience. While its no Trevor Time with the Hells Bells, was still incredible to experience live. "Welcome to the Jungle" while isn't as good as Hells Bells as a closer entrance song fit very well with Kimbrel's filthy stuff. During Sunday's game, the Giants had the pitcher spot due up 2nd in the 9th and everyone in the stadium knew Pagan was going to pinch hit. Pagan came up to the rain of boos, and Kimbrel took care of business by striking him out on 3 pitches.

With the Lakers coming off the worst season in franchise history and the Chargers talking about dealing Philip Rivers or moving to LA. The Padres being good again is just what the doctor ordered.

We are GOOD again!

Do it for Tony.
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Rookie ERA

Re: My 2015 Petco park experience

I have to add also, its been a long time since us Padres fan got excited about our closer coming in.

I've had the pleasure of attendance numerous games when Trevor was still with us, even in the twilight of his career and when the Padres' were bad, fans got up and got pumped when those bells rung.
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

MLB ERA

Re: My 2015 Petco park experience

Kimbrel is nasty. I haven't been this excited to see someone pitch whenever he's on the mound since Jake was in his best years in San Diego
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000