Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony :(

MLB ERA

Re: Tony :(

Toby:

After Puck retired, he ended up getting divorced because he had kept some mistress on the side for many years. Wife found out and supposedly threatened to kill da bitch + threw out Kirby. Kirby also was accused of pushing that chick around, which was sort of goofy since it happened after their almost 20 year relationshit had ended. (yeah, puck had her on the side for 2 decades) After that, he got in trouble for supposedly groping some chick in a bar. He was charged with multiple counts of whatever (can't remember the exact charges) but I know he was found not guilty on all of them. He was one of the Vice Presidents of the Twins at the time, in some capacity, but he had to step down due to all of this crap.

I figured this stuff was pretty common knowledge. It all came out literally within like a year of his HOF induction and people around the Twin Cities made comments in the sports sections of the local fishwrap papers that if his eligibility would have been a year later, he may not have gotten into the hall. *shrug*

Rookie ERA

Sorry Lynch, that was my fault, I didn't see in your thread where you mentioned Kirby Puckett. I thought you were referring to Gwyn and some problems and my eyes bugged out, never heard any scandal with him. Not to say he is saintly or anything, everybody does or says things they aren't proud of in a life span. That's what I get for just skimming through posts, before I finish my daily coffee.

I knew about Kirby, though, kinda like the Boggs thing about the double life. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that happens more than we hear about, they just either didn't get caught or their wife didn't care.

MLB ERA

Live tribute being aired on Padres.com in about 17 minutes

Tony Gwynn Tribute | padres.com
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12