Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steroids discussion

MLB ERA

Steroids discussion

So, why aren't you rooting for Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Shawne Merriman, Wilson Delgado, and many others to go to jail?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Bonds trial to begin March 21st

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    So, why aren't you rooting for Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Shawne Merriman, Wilson Delgado, and many others to go to jail?
    McGwire quit the game just short of 600 because he was exposed. He never lied to the Grand Jury, just played uber stupid, and unfortunately you can't go to jail for sheer stupidity unless it lead to an illegal act.

Canseco is a giant doucheballoon too, but he's one of the biggest reasons for these other frauds being outed. He also (to my knowledge) never lied about his roid use, but in fact did just the opposite and exposed MLB for what it was at the time. A sham !

Sosa, had he lied to the Grand Jury I would be, but instead just pulled the "no habla" BS (I suppose that itself is a lie). He's been an exposed cheater since that bat shattered into a million corked pieces, and I doubt anyone with half a brain out there doesn't also realize he's a roided up super douche too. But what is there to stick him in jail for ? Come up with something real and I'm behind it.

ARod didn't lie to the Grand Jury did he ? As far as a roided up cheat I think we all know that, and if/when he rewrites the record books as he might, then I sure hope they bring this battle to his doorstep. Then Bonds might no longer have to wear the "biggest cheater in the history of this game" tag. Until then what's to put him in jail for ?

Palmerio might be a guy that could/should face charges. IIRC he did infact say point blank that "he did not take roids..." to the Grand Jury. If he did he needs to be on that same softball team, sporting a California Penal League jersey.

As for Merriman, and everyone in the NFL, I could care less about them doing roids. It's a gladiator sport and the bigger faster harder they hit the better to me. It's not baseball, which is what this forum/room is about. I also doubt Merriman is going to reset any record books

And the laundry list of player that used any sort of PED, so long as they didn't lie to the Grand Jury, should just pay the MLB price and/or follow Manroids lead and just F-ing retire.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

So it's ok to cheat in football but not in baseball?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    As for Merriman, and everyone in the NFL, I could care less about them doing roids. It's a gladiator sport and the bigger faster harder they hit the better to me. It's not baseball, which is what this forum/room is about. I also doubt Merriman is going to reset any record books.
    Its still illegal in NFL same as it is in MLB. Its also a federal crime Schedule III drug. Punishment for possession upto 1 year in jail and a fine of $250k. So its fine for NFL players to have it but not use it in baseball? Its illegal to possess period and should be treated as such.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

So it's ok to cheat in football but not in baseball?
    Never said it was ok. Said I could care less. Yeah for reading skills

And it's ILLEGAL in the United States of America to use them. It's not just sports specific. If Merriman (or whoever) goes before the Grand Jury and LIES, then I hope they spend time behind bars as well. If they don't lie to the Grand Jury when asked then it's up the league to do what it must. Who has suggested otherwise ?

If the so called "greatest" of any sport gets there because they cheated and used PED's to break all kinds of records, then lies to the Grand Jury, I hope they fry in hell too. But until we get another one of those types of cheaters we'll have to stick to the one who has their name in the title of this thread

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Never said it was ok. Said I could care less. Yeah for reading skills

MLB ERA

I agree Leo.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Far from it......I don't think it's ok by any stretch to do PED's in any sport. I could just care less in football since so many are or have and it's a gladiator sport where the more bone crushing plays by all the better. That's far from splitting hairs

By the way LOVING that Bob Costas is shredding Bonds on MLB network right now And he just said he wont vote for Bonds or Clemens to get into the HOF on the first ballot eventually but not on the first ballot

to that

MLB ERA

being ok with something and not caring about it is essentially the same thing, and either way there's a double standard here. You don't want to rake football players over the coals but you will with baseball players.

Your reason is even more questionable considering the nature of the NFL means the roids help the cheater excel at the sport more than they do in baseball.

MLB ERA

being ok with something and not caring about it is essentially the same thing, and either way there's a double standard here. You don't want to rake football players over the coals but you will with baseball players.

Your reason is even more questionable considering the nature of the NFL means the roids help the cheater excel at the sport more than they do in baseball.
    I don't think you are reading very well today.
    I've never said it's ok.
    I don't think it's ok by any stretch to do PED's in any sport. I could just care less in football
    I've never said don't rake them over the coals.
    If Merriman (or whoever) goes before the Grand Jury and LIES, then I hope they spend time behind bars as well.
    It's not a double standard nor is it questionable I (PERSONALLY) just don't care as much about football and the use as I do baseball.....why is that so damn difficult for you to comprehend ? I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FOOTBALL AND IT'S PROBLEMS.

Find me a guy in Football that has taken roids, reset record books as a result, then lied to the Grand Jury. When you do I will be more than happy to support his jail time

MLB ERA

I (and many others) hold baseball to a much higher standard than sports like football. And as a fan I don't have to weigh two sports the same way, or hold them to the same standards or expectations....that's my prerogative. That's not splitting hairs, that's the way it is. And in a BASEBALL forum any sport not baseball should be irrelevant.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I find it funny that Merriman never followed up on his threat to sue the manufacturer of his "tainted" supplements, which he laid the blame squarely on for his testing positive for a steroid. I especially liked that his lawyer was belligerent in his press statement by explicitly insisting that Merriman wasn't sticking a needle into his ass in some alley.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I find it funny that Merriman never followed up on his threat to sue the manufacturer of his "tainted" supplements, which he laid the blame squarely on for his testing positive for a steroid. I especially liked that his lawyer was belligerent in his press statement by explicitly insisting that Merriman wasn't sticking a needle into his ass in some alley.
    And his career is sure rocketing upward isn't it ? Just another Charger failure.....Yeah for AJ Smith

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's like everything AJ touches turns to shit. I would expect that a G.M. who has the keys to the entire football operation, who gets to choose the head coach, who has the opportunity to restock his roster every year via the draft, who doesn't have guaranteed contracts to worry about, would have won one championship by now. What's his excuse?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    It's like everything AJ touches turns to shit. I would expect that a G.M. who has the keys to the entire football operation, who gets to choose the head coach, who has the opportunity to restock his roster every year via the draft, who doesn't have guaranteed contracts to worry about, would have won one championship by now. What's his excuse?
    Early on I really thought he was going to be a helluva heir to John Butler, but I agree with you for the most part......His ego is just too big and causes more issues than solutions......He's really torn this team apart recently

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast