Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steroids discussion

MLB ERA

Re: Bonds trial to begin March 21st

Fuck AJ Smith and I can't wait until he reaches for another undersized white guy in the draft. Philip Rivers is the only thing keeping me a Chargers fan at this point.

MLB ERA

if you survived through Beathard surely you can survive through AJ

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    if you survived through Beathard surely you can survive through AJ
    If you say so, Spanos.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Impossible since as I've said multiple times I don't hold both sports to the same set standards to begin with.
    That's the exact definition of a double standard.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Simply not true......but this is funny how football seems to be the only out for people in a baseball room in a discussion about a baseball player
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

So, having a different set of standards for different circimstances is not the definition of "double standard" in your book? Ok

MLB ERA

Different within the same sport sure......Different sports of course not that's stupid.......You say that as if all sports fans have to hold all sports on the same level How fucking moronic to even suggest.......I think Hockey is complete shit so why should I bother caring at all wtf they do, so long as they aren't lying to the Grand Jury ? Because I don't have too is the answer and it's not a double standard it's my prerogative.......If you think Baseball and Football should be and are held to the same standards (which is pure stupidity) then that's all you

MLB ERA

i say cheating shouldn't be acceptable in any sport.

MLB ERA

i say cheating shouldn't be acceptable in any sport.
    Wow......I said the same thing........AMAZING !!!

MLB ERA
    Wow......I said the same thing........AMAZING !!!
    Really? You just got done saying you don't care if football players use steroids. So which is it? Do you or do you not care if football players cheat?

or do you not consider it cheating to use illegal antibiotics to gain an unfair advantage in muscle mass in football but not in baseball?

MLB ERA

So, why aren't you rooting for Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Shawne Merriman, Wilson Delgado, and many others to go to jail?
    McGwire quit the game just short of 600 because he was exposed. He never lied to the Grand Jury, just played uber stupid, and unfortunately you can't go to jail for sheer stupidity unless it lead to an illegal act.

Canseco is a giant doucheballoon too, but he's one of the biggest reasons for these other frauds being outed. He also (to my knowledge) never lied about his roid use, but in fact did just the opposite and exposed MLB for what it was at the time. A sham !

Sosa, had he lied to the Grand Jury I would be, but instead just pulled the "no habla" BS (I suppose that itself is a lie). He's been an exposed cheater since that bat shattered into a million corked pieces, and I doubt anyone with half a brain out there doesn't also realize he's a roided up super douche too. But what is there to stick him in jail for ? Come up with something real and I'm behind it.

ARod didn't lie to the Grand Jury did he ? As far as a roided up cheat I think we all know that, and if/when he rewrites the record books as he might, then I sure hope they bring this battle to his doorstep. Then Bonds might no longer have to wear the "biggest cheater in the history of this game" tag. Until then what's to put him in jail for ?

Palmerio might be a guy that could/should face charges. IIRC he did infact say point blank that "he did not take roids..." to the Grand Jury. If he did he needs to be on that same softball team, sporting a California Penal League jersey.

As for Merriman, and everyone in the NFL, I could care less about them doing roids. It's a gladiator sport and the bigger faster harder they hit the better to me. It's not baseball, which is what this forum/room is about. I also doubt Merriman is going to reset any record books

And the laundry list of player that used any sort of PED, so long as they didn't lie to the Grand Jury, should just pay the MLB price and/or follow Manroids lead and just F-ing retire.
    So again for the local clique that likes to pile on.....here is the answer to HWood original question that was then spun way off topic by those telling posters to remain on topic.....maybe they should take their own lesson and apply it to themselves finally

MLB ERA

I comprehend what you said very clearly. That doesn't make it not a double standard.

Nobody's trying to make the thread about football. The topic of the discussion is your double standard involving both football AND baseball.

Oh, and I only close threads when they devolve into name calling with absolutely nothing more being said on the topic (or any other non-namecalling topic). Something that hasn't happened yet in this thread....but looks like it might soon.

By the way, I challenge you to find a single post of mine where I deviate from the topic in favor of name calling.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

So again for the local clique that likes to pile on.....here is the answer to HWood original question that was then spun way off topic by those telling posters to remain on topic.....maybe they should take their own lesson and apply it to themselves finally
    I thought you didn't want to repeat yourself? The thread went the direction it did because of this...

As for Merriman, and everyone in the NFL, I could care less about them doing roids. It's a gladiator sport and the bigger faster harder they hit the better to me. It's not baseball, which is what this forum/room is about. I also doubt Merriman is going to reset any record books
    You can care less (sic) about football players doing steroids because it's a "gladiator sport" and they help them hit harder which is better for you. But in baseball it's not acceptable? That's a double-standard whether you want to admit it or not.

Anyways, we're going in circles now.

Edited to add: If you think I close threads for going off topic you're the one with comprehension skills. They get closed when they deteriorate into blatant name calling with nothing more being said on any topic. I couldn't care less if a thread goes off topic. The most I might do if the topic it changes to is completely different but not name calling is split the thread into two open threads, but generally speaking I just roll with it.

MLB ERA

I've said many times that the NFL (or any sport) should bring the hammer down on players for cheating
    You also said the bigger and stronger the football players are the better for you. So, which is it, do you care if they cheat or not?

MLB ERA

You also said the bigger and stronger the football players are the better for you. So, which is it, do you care if they cheat or not?
    Scroll back if you need. It's pretty obvious

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast