Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your 2011 World Series Champions!

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Your 2011 World Series Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Would his opinion mean more if it was posted elsewhere?

That makes no sense to me.
    Of course some would value it more. Just think about how many value the douchballons at BA or BP......and they are NOT much more than what Bleacher Report, or what many others, is.........Hell give BR a few more years and they could be in the same arena as BA & BP.....the other two are just more recognized and as such people buy into their OPINIONS.....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    I didn't realize that Bleacher Report and Planet Padres were the same thing......Thanks for clearing that up ladies

MLB ERA
    I didn't realize that Bleacher Report and Strike3 were the same thing......Thanks for clearing that up ladies
    I didn't realize the same opinion matters more or less depending on which part of the internet it's posted on. Thanks for clearing that up.

MLB ERA
    Of course some would value it more. Just think about how many value the douchballons at BA or BP......and they are NOT much more than what Bleacher Report, or what many others, is.........Hell give BR a few more years and they could be in the same arena as BA & BP.....the other two are just more recognized and as such people buy into their OPINIONS.....
    People "value" it more because it's portrayed as a news site, but they're just opinions no different from what LTR and others post over here all the time.

Would stating your opinion in the kitchen make it mean less than if you stated it in the living room? So why is it different on the internet?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The fact that someone would take my opinion from my site and run with it is pretty damn funny since they don't know me, my background and I work for no legitimate news source. The fact that one of my "stories" was picked up by MLBtraderumors and run as a source is proof that nobody should bother putting too much into these sites. If you do you are simply an idiot.

But to give someone shit because they are willing to do, in the name of fun, what you are not due to your own fears is pretty pathetic. Which would explain a few more things about some people

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I didn't realize the same opinion matters more or less depending on which part of the internet it's posted on. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Of course it does......don't be silly......Something said from a credible source carries far more weight than if you or I say the same thing in here for instance.....So yes depending on where something is said makes a great deal of difference

Here is a great example....

I said this team is better on paper than it was at the same time last year, and you all came unglued. Hoyer says the same thing and it suddenly isn't so far fetched. He's more credible than I am in the eyes of you guys, so it makes a huge difference where and who says it

MLB ERA
    Of course it does......don't be silly......Something said from a credible source carries far more weight than if you or I say the same thing in here for instance.....So yes depending on where something is said makes a great deal of difference
    I said this team is better on paper than it was at the same time last year, and you all came unglued. Hoyer says the same thing and it suddenly isn't so far fetched. He's more credible than I am in the eyes of you guys, so it makes a huge difference where and who says it
    I said different location, not different source. I fail to see how LTR's opinion would be any more or less credible if he posted it at bleacher report instead of posting it here.

your analogy of Jed Hoyer sharing your opinion hardly compares because they're different sources. LTR posting his opinion here and LTR posting his opinion at bleacher report would be the same source.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The fact that someone would take my opinion from my site and run with it is pretty damn funny since they don't know me, my background and I work for no legitimate news source. The fact that one of my "stories" was picked up by MLBtraderumors and run as a source is proof that nobody should bother putting too much into these sites. If you do you are simply an idiot.

But to give someone shit because they are willing to do, in the name of fun, what you are not due to your own fears is pretty pathetic. Which would explain a few more things about some people
    What exactly are you doing that I am not doing? You keep saying I have no balls and that I'm scared but yet I give my opinions all the time and I don't get paid for it. I do it out of fun. You continue to not make any sense. I'm obviously not afraid to give my opinion or go against the grain. Something you keep failing to acknowledge is that I didn't even rip the author of the article in question
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 02-09-2011 at 04:56 PM.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its still far fetched! Just because the GM of the team says it doesn't make the story or you more credible. Brian Sabean thinks the same about the Giants and I disagree with that shit. I guess I have balls now that I disagree with the GM I wrote an article about the Pirates and what they should do and Huntington did a lot of what I did. That just means we shared the same view on what was best for the team. Sure it feels good when they agree especially when others oppose your ideas but it doesn't make me credible.
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 02-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.

MLB ERA

This guy's "bleacher report" and Jed Hoyer's recent comments are all conspiring against me.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

it's a conspiracy to try and get you (and others) to see the truth .....

Hell it was hard work last year to get people to understand that this Padre team was for real too.......what a shocker

Rookie ERA

Boy, for somebody that doesn't think people should bother putting too much into these sites you sure are putting a lot into these sites.

MLB ERA

Never have.....never will.....sorry if you do

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rookie ERA