Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your 2011 World Series Champions!

MLB ERA

Re: Your 2011 World Series Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    The day I give any type of credit to something written from Bleacher Report is the day that the Montreal Expos win the World Series.
    They were right about TCU to the Big East rumors . Blind squirrel finding a nut?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

So I wonder what reputable medium all you high on your pedestal critics write for ? This guy (regardless of his background) tosses his opinion out there and it's a feeding frenzy in here.....Right or wrong it's just his opinion.....and it's certainly nice to see someone else giving a pretty good team a little credit......well ok in his case a bit more than a little

This team has a very good chance to be as good if not better than last years, and if they are even a little better then why would a WS be totally out of the question ? They really weren't that far away from making a run last year....So aside from your personal hatred why not ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just hate Bleacher Report and everything they stand for.
    No offense if you are that guy or anything.

MLB ERA

Nope not I....My site brought plenty of critical remarks over the last few years from those who well lets just say disagree with my view of things .........I just find great humor in those that are extremely critical of others who risk putting their opinion out there for fun. The reason I do is that those who are overly critical, and usually involved in the feeding frenzy, rarely have the courage to put their thoughts, views or opinions up for others to critique. Critics risk very little in the scheme of things.

I think going after those that are actually getting paid to be an "expert" makes more sense. It's their actual job to know what they are talking about so when they say something outlandish or flat out stupid why not jump on them........But people at these sites which are little more than organized bloggers are just huge sports fans that enjoy writing.....Why give them too much crap since they aren't much different than you or I, except they have the balls to put their opinions out there......

Just my two cents......

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have no problem with their writers, making opinions, sending them out for the entire world to see is something to be proud of. I only wish I had the kahuna's to be able to voice my opinion outside of these forums, a little blog action here and there, and my twitter account. I just know that I have some work to be done in order to create a better "voice" for myself.

Bleacher Report itself is what I have a problem with. It exploits these opinions as "news", and creates a bad rap sheet for the blogging community. People that sign up to write there should know what they are getting into.

MLB ERA

Bleacher Report itself is what I have a problem with. It exploits these opinions as "news", and creates a bad rap sheet for the blogging community. People that sign up to write there should know what they are getting into.
    Oh they do. I know a couple of people that have written for them. One of which has actually been hired by a reputable medium now and also is apart of an internet sports radio show. It all started for him on Bleacher Report........

I'm not saying that to defend anyone, because I agree with you guys that many of them are comical....... I however am of the opinion that until you're getting paid for your work, you really shouldn't be a target by those unwilling to do what you are doing.

Rookie ERA

This is my issue with pretty much ALL Blogs/Bloggers, they are opinions, nothing more than an Internet Editorial page yet they are revered as "news sources".

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    This is my issue with pretty much ALL Blogs/Bloggers, they are opinions, nothing more than an Internet Editorial page yet they are revered as "news sources".
    By whom?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Anyone's opinion is up for ridicule. Doesn't matter if they work for ESPN, Sporting News, Bleacher Report or on this site. When someone says the Padres are going to be 2011 WS champs, expect a lot of criticism.

MLB ERA

Of course it is.......it's just funny how it's usually those with no balls to post their own opinion that are doing the majority of the criticizing of others.......Which would explain why you are defending that stance

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I never post my opinion Funny how I can recant hundreds of opinions you cried over
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 02-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

MLB ERA

Really ? I've never seen you post outside this forum on a web site built for articles like the one we're discussing right now. Where and who do you write for ?
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 02-09-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Editing out needless Bonds crap after moving it to its own thread.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I post on here all the time. Why does it have to be away from this baseball forum all of a sudden?
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 02-09-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Editing out needless Bonds crap after moving it to its own thread.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Really ? I've never seen you post outside this forum on a web site built for articles like the one we're discussing right now. Where and who do you write for ?
    Would his opinion mean more if it was posted elsewhere?

That makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 02-09-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

I didn't realize that Bleacher Report and Strike3 were the same thing......Thanks for clearing that up ladies

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast