Thread: Having debated everything we have in here

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres Having debated everything we have in here

........ if someone had told me before the year started that we'd be.....

48-41
    7 games over .500
    have a 5.5 game lead at the break
    on pace to win 90+ games this year
    and done all this after suffering the injuries we have

I'd have taken that in a heartbeat...... so fellow fans, as harsh as I am toward our Friars, believe me when I say....... GREAT JOB to the Padres..........

Now lets start a winning tradition here in SD in our new ballpark, and finish the race the way we know we can ...... by pulling away from the rest of the West.....

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    i expected to be around 10 games over .500 at this point, however i did not expect the rest of the NL West to be so awful and have a 5.5 game lead. if we get healthy and stay that way the rest of the way i see no reason anyone passes us. great job to the "role players" for stepping in (DJ, Blum, Ben Johnson?) and kudos to the bullpen...i expected linebrink and otsuka to be lights out but seanez and hammond have been great.

MLB ERA
    To be quite honest, going into this season I wasn't really expecting much. Last year made me lose some confidence in Nevin and Giles, and I was only hoping that Klesko would come back great after the surgery. That, combined with not knowing that the bench/bullpen was going to be half as good as they've been, I would've been suprised had someone told me they'd even be in first by now.

That said, something can also be said for the fact that I thought LA and SF would be doing better than they are at this point in the season.

Hopefully the team gets completely healthy, they acquire another arm and possibly another bat and we pull away in this division.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sounds good to me