Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This team is not good

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Well I'm fine with just you and I talking.....lol.....seems we are the only two real Padre fans left standing ....lol
    AHEM.......what am I? Chopped liver? Hello. Just because I don't join the adinfinitum debate over who, what, when, where, why and how? That shiite gets old yo. I just want to see a team that shows up 100% physically and mentally. I haven't seen that happening since May and it pains me to do the blah, blah, blah about it. Come Thursday, the boys had better kick it up a notch or two and jump way ahead of that AZ team and play like this series counts. F*** the All-Star game, it DOESN'T count.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    If we spent like George this conversation wouldn't be happening, it would be an entirely different conversation altogether.....lol.......but good try
    It is for another conversation altogether, but the Padres can't exactly afford to spend like George. I, unlike others (not pointing fingers at you, as we haven't had this convo yet), do not blame Moores for wanting to maintain a profit. Until there's a salary cap in baseball the Padres will NEVER win a bidding war, and should avoid them when it becomes obvious that one will occur. (Ramon Hernandez comes to mind.....word from the grapevine states Ramon is about to hire Scott Boras)

Exactly we weren't going to spend what was needed to acquire Finley, neither money or resources, so it was a moot point to be in that sweepstakes
    I don't know, to me it's one of two things. Either Arizona didn't like any of our prospects or they weren't exactly being fair. It seems like an unballanced offer to me if they ask for two prospects from LA, but then turn around and demand Aki or Linebrink from us. I do feel, however, that Towers should've looked into other options in regards to CF.

You must be able to seperate the two teams, they are two vastly different teams. I tried to make if very clear when I said "this team is horrible", I also wrote that when we get our guys back things will be much nicer further showing I meant that this team we are watching now is horrible
    AGREED. I pretty much misunderstood your initial viewpoint. Now that you broke it down as such, I actually agree with the initial standpoint that sparked this whole debate (yours, that is)

AHEM.......what am I? Chopped liver? Hello. Just because I don't join the adinfinitum debate over who, what, when, where, why and how? That shiite gets old yo. I just want to see a team that shows up 100% physically and mentally. I haven't seen that happening since May and it pains me to do the blah, blah, blah about it. Come Thursday, the boys had better kick it up a notch or two and jump way ahead of that AZ team and play like this series counts. F*** the All-Star game, it DOESN'T count.
    To be fair, I acknowledged you
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat

Sorry I didn't ........ but you're right.......you are a part of this toooooo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12