Thread: so...when Dave Roberts returns...

MLB ERA

so...when Dave Roberts returns...

Assuming X-man continues to perform as well as he did yesterday, or basically at that level, I say start him at third over Burroughs. Let Burroughs be the "super utility man" (except, he'd be indirectly resting Giles and Ryno by playing third and putting X in the OF for those games)

My one major concern with X though, is that if he does great this year (which i'm hoping he does, obviously) I cringe at our shot of getting him back next year, considering his agent is Scott Bora$$

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    well that's a good point..........if he continues to be a stud.....what is his trade value say at the allstar break ?

Rookie ERA
    Yikes, if he continues to be a stud, and we're in the thick of things.. I guarantee you the last thing we'll do is deal away Nady.

I'm not too estatic about losing Burroughs' D at 3rd either for another bat.

But as it stands, its something that needs to be done, because Nady doesnt have the range to play CF.. although I'd like him at LF over Klesko if Klesko doesn't perform.
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

It'd be nice if Peavy can convince X to fire Bora$$ and use Axelrod as his agent

MLB ERA
    Great call........fire Boras........all Padres that have Boras should fire him just to make a point ......lol

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    bench nevin...he is easily the worst player on this team. put Klesko at 1b, Nady in LF and give nevin a spot start at 1st every now and then. mostly just use him to fill gatorade and such though....awful player

Rookie ERA
    I'm not sure about Nevin being easily the worst player ont his team.

He was our best power hitter last year, and in Petco you want your right handed power bats in the lineup rather than the left handed bats.

But Klesko is off to a solid start this year so far..

X doesn't look too bad in CF.. even if he's playing out of place.
    Nobody lookin out for nobody
    Maybe we should try and help somebody or be somebody
    Instead of being somebody that makes the news
    So everybody can tweet about it
    And then they start to R.I.P. about it
    And four weeks later nobody even speaks about it.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Great call........fire Boras........all Padres that have Boras should fire him just to make a point ......lol
    Agents are bastages aren't they?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Nevin only appears to be the "worst player on the team" because of expectations. If he wasn't expected to do so great, because of doing so in the past, then i'm highly confident you wouldn't be labeling Adam Hyzdu better than Phil Nevin. (which you're doing by calling him "the worst player on the team") Phil Nevin is easily better than half the roster, and when he's on he's probably the best bat we have out there, short of Mark Loretta and maybe Brian Giles. Nevin's in a slump right now, but he'll snap out of it.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Padres

I've never been a Nevin fan, and anyone that went to the other forum knows this......however he's a very solid bat, and don't forget that he had knee surgery during the middle of last year and still posted good #'s. Having said that.......he's absolute crap in the field........he is IMO the worst fielder on our team......if not for his good bat, he would without question be the worst overall player on our team hands down.......and that does include Hyzdu...lol.... at least Hyzdu has shown his glove this year......Nevin is a liability in the field, which is why they are trying to hide him at 1st base. We all know the circus he was at 3rd, and we also know there is no way he has the athletic ablitity to play the OF. Maybe he should have stayed behind the dish.....lol......

But because he can mash the ball.....and only because of this is he not the worst guy on our team......IMO

MLB ERA
    you're right on Nevin's defense, but at least it's at 1st base. IMHO 1st base is the best spot to put a pyss poor defensive person if you're forced to put him anywhere.

That said, is there anyway we can petition to get MLB to allow us to put Adam Hyzdu in the outfield, but let Nevin bat for him (and put Ryno at 1st)?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    DH just for us........hmmm I like it .......lol