Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Padres payroll discussion

MLB ERA

Re: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It's trouble to actually read things?? My god man. I have found two articles on the Padres site that has mentioned the payroll going to $50 million and lower. I found that in less than five minutes. Instead of browsing, read.
    You can't control him reading it, but if you link and quote it there's really nothing he can say in response, now is there?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It's trouble to actually read things?? My god man. I have found two articles on the Padres site that has mentioned the payroll going to $50 million and lower. I found that in less than five minutes. Instead of browsing, read.
    Payroll going down is NOT the same as ACTIVELY LOOKING TO LOWER or REDUCE PAYROLL......This is where idiots need to understand the difference
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If he didn't just browse things and did some actual research involving reading, he would already know it. Then it wouldn;t be a problem.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Payroll going down is NOT the same as ACTIVELY LOOKING TO LOWER or REDUCE PAYROLL......This is where idiots need to understand the difference
    It is when it goes from $70 to $40 million. This is where intelligence takes over. The Padres are actively looking to reduce their payroll by trading Peavy.

MLB ERA

Too funny.........thinking we're actively slashing payroll

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What else do you call actively trying to trade Peavy? Padres don't have $30 million just coming off the books

MLB ERA

It is when it goes from $70 to $40 million. This is where intelligence takes over. The Padres are actively looking to reduce their payroll by trading Peavy.
    Bullshit asshat
    Maddux
    Iguchi
    Wolf
    Clark
    Estes
    Barrett

That alone takes us from 70m to 40-45m and that's not slashing shit.......that's not bringing back players that either suck, are FA, old, are has beens or all of the above.....to suggest that not bringing those guys back is somehow slashing payroll might be the dumbest argument ever put out.....

They are NOT actively looking to slash payroll........and Giles contract being picked up debunks nearly any argument. Also not dealing Peavy for shit, proves it's not just a dump.........

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Last I am going to talk about this until more Peavy talks abound or traded and then I will place them in the appropriate thread. When the Padres own website says the Padres are trying to cut the payroll from $73 million to $40-50 million, I am in no way wrong for thinking Peavy is an excuse to dump salary and rebuild. Shopping Greene adds to my reasosning. Padres are trying to shed payroll.

MLB ERA

What else do you call actively trying to trade Peavy? Padres don't have $30 million just coming off the books
    They are ONLY going to move Peavy if it makes the team better......that's called good baseball business dipshit........if it was all about moving Peavy to free up money as you think, he'd be a Brave already.......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why? The offseason is young and the Padres can get what they want Peavy actively being shopped=Padres actively trying to slash payroll. No way around it!!! This discussion is over and I will of course have the last laugh when Peavy is traded

MLB ERA

Why? The offseason is young and the Padres can get what they want Peavy actively being shopped=Padres actively trying to slash payroll. No way around it!!! This discussion is over and I will of course have the last laugh when Peavy is traded
    Nobody suggested they COULD get what they want for him......just that it would take an overpayment to get Jake.......since he's still a Padre so far this is 100% accurate

Wrong the Padres are NOT slashing payroll, and only a buffoon would still think that since Giles 9M was picked up and Jake wasn't dumped to the Braves

Peavy could still be traded, nobody has said this can't happen.....so if you laugh then you only laugh at yourself for being a complete tool

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Wrong the Padres are NOT slashing payroll, and only a buffoon would still think that since Giles 9M was picked up and Jake wasn't dumped to the Braves

Peavy could still be traded, nobody has said this can't happen.....so if you laugh then you only laugh at yourself for being a complete tool
    Peavy being traded would mean his salary is being dumped meaning slashing payroll which equals me being right.....again buffoon says bye bye but before I go, why did the Padres HAVE to trade him to the Braves for it to justify a salary dump?? I still don;t get this one because there is no answer. The Padres can get a better deal as the market moves along. One move can alter everyone's thinking. Padres are playing it smart here. The offseason is so young and the Padres have all the time in the world to find the right package so he can rid himself of Peavy's contract while getting better. Trading Peavy will rid themselves of Peavy's contract while getting better for the future which is called rebuilding. Rebuilding and ridding themselves go hand in hand.

I am arguing with a guy who honestly thinks the Padres have a right to be pissed at Hoffman I know better but always get sucked in.

MLB ERA

Far from it......If we trade Peavy, it's to get better as a team......nothing more.......if you can't grasp that then stop posting in here......******* worthless stoner

MLB ERA

I read through a lot of the news links on the front page and this is the only thing I saw that referenced payroll. (Not counting a fan asking what's going to happen to ticket prices if the payroll is going down to 40 mil.)

Padres choose another plan of attack | padres.com: News

One of the reasons why the Padres might be more inclined to make trades this offseason is because the club is looking to trim its $73.6 million payroll. So don't expect the Padres to make a splash signing any stars to large contracts this offseason.
    But I don't think the real question is whether or not they're cutting payroll (I think that's well documented) I think the question is whether or not all the players from last year that are gone is already enough to suffice where they want it at.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Padres are cutting payroll! LOLz!

Peavy unlikely to remain with Padres | padres.com: News

Padres to seek upgrades via trades | padres.com: News

Just to name two I read. These were my sources of reasoning about the payroll along with everyting else.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast