Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Padres payroll discussion

MLB ERA

Re: If this is true, KT is a pussy (Padres cut ties with Trevor over the phone)

That's just your incessant desire to insist that you're never wrong.

The bottom line is we're arguing over the definition of words, which is semantics.

Now that is a fact.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Fact: If Peavy were traded it would be because of his salary. What would one call that? It would be called a salary dump. What you IMPLY doesn't change the FACTS! Where am I wrong?? I'm not.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Fact: If Jake Peavy were traded it would ONLY be to improve the team........
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

...and to dump salary. It can be both since they go hand in hand.

MLB ERA

A player moved to get better isn't about salary........ A player moved and the team doesn't get better and it's about salary........if you get better and the payroll goes down, then you've done GREAT THINGS.......and the latter is just a bonus

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

When the team says it is trying to cut the payroll in half and then try and trade their best player who also happens to be their most expensive, its dumping salary while getting good, cheaper players for him. That Peavy's contract comes at a bargain in today market automatically ensures the Padres of getting value in a trade. If the Padres didn't come out and say they were trying to shed payroll and already talk of trading Greene as well as Peavy, then you could have a case but the fact remains this is salary driven. Rebuilding=dumping of salary. Dumping of salary=rebuilding. I never separated the two.

MLB ERA

the team hasn't said that......that's speculation on the part of media

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Padres own website is saying they are trying to lower the payroll to $40-50 million. That is my source.

MLB ERA

KT talked with Hoffman recently and feels there is still a chance to get a deal done with him.......this on the radio as I type

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Padres own website is saying they are trying to lower the payroll to $40-50 million. That is my source.
    Well I just browsed their web site and see nothing suggesting that......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Browsing ain't going to cut it You actually have to read things. This has explained so much!! Its' there.

MLB ERA

Why don't you just save us all the trouble of reading through you and PFF arguing about whether or not it's there and just link it?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It's trouble to actually read things?? My god man. I have found two articles on the Padres site that has mentioned the payroll going to $50 million and lower. I found that in less than five minutes. Instead of browsing, read.

MLB ERA

KT just said on the radio they aren't "cutting payroll" and that it's likely Peavy will be our opening day starter......and that yes it will be lower but because we'll be fielding a majority of younger kids and as such payroll will always decrease......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This comes after he says Peavy's train has left the station. The offseason is young and a lot more will happen

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast